Reviews, as promised...

Just thought I'd review some movies while I had nothing better to do. You may be asking yourself, "When did she promise reviews?", well my dear friends, I have no idea what blog I promised reviews in. I was going through all my posts last night and found like 6 drafts. And 5 of those 6 were duplicates. But this one was on its own. It just had the list of movies and no description. Of course, I added to it a bit. So, if you think you can handle it, sit back and enjoy.

Black Water

This was a pretty good little Australian alligator movie. Naturally, it had no big release. We just saw it at the movie store one day and realised that we had never seen it, so we got it. It's about 3 people who go out on a boat in the waters of Australia and find them selves stranded at the mercy of the alligators. All in all, it's pretty good if you have nothing to watch. But, I have to say it's no Rogue. I give this a 7.5/10.

Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem

Ok, I can't really give this one a full review, as I did not finish it. But what I did watch was ok. I'm sure that all you Alien and Predator fans will like it. Whit out a doubt, you've already seen it. Being that it came out some time ago. But, I didn't watch it all, so I give it a 5/10.

Hard Candy

I know this movie got a lot of hype for being so gut wrenching on this one particular part. After all, it was on the Top 13 Scariest Movies of All Time. I think for some reason, it may be a little scarier to the boys than the girls. But I have to say, that part of the movie made me cringe too. So, if you've never seen this and you're just dying to know what part I'm talking about, then go rent it. It's a really good movie that has a lot going on. I give it a 8/10

Resident Evil: Degeneration">

Being a 10+ year Resident Evil fan, I just knew this movie would be awesome. Well, it's ok, but far from awesome. I'm so used to the actual Resident Evil movies, I was expecting a little more. And every single time It would be coming up to a fight scene, I kept thinking I had to play at the end. All in all, it was ok. I give it a 6/10.

I Love You, Beth Cooper

I'm not much on chick flicks, but this one wasn't too bad. There were a few funny parts that really stood out. So, if you're into chick flicks, you'll probably love it. And guys, if you ever want to impress your gal pal, I suggest renting this for her. She'll love you long time, lol. I give it a 7.5/10.

Star Trek

I've never ever been a Trekkie, but after this movie, I may just change my mind. I've never actually watched an episode of Star Trek, just the occasional pass by when I'm trying to find something on TV, so I can't really compare. But this movie was good. It blew G.I. Joe out of the water... way out of the water. So, if you've never rented this because you're not a Trekkie, you may want to run down to the movie store and give it a go. I give this far out number a 8/10.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Ok, I'm such a huge Transformers fan, I don't think they'll ever make one I don't like. These movies are so good from beginning to end. And usually the sequels are bunk, but this one was just as good. I give it a 8.5/10.

Jennifer's Body

As I'm sure most of you know, people hated this movie. I didn't think it was too bad, but some if it could've better. The plot was over worked. They tried way too hard to make this movie hip by using lines such as, "You're so Jello", "He's extra salty", and words like, "Shutties", "Biffs", and "Tampoonig". There's way more, but I can't remember them all. So, use your own judgment on this one. I give it a 7/10.

Warriors of Terra

Oh man, I really wish we had our $5 back. This movie looked bad from the second it started to when we turned it off. Which was like 30 minutes into the movie. Again, I can't give it a full rating cause we didn't finish it. So I give what we seen a 1.5/10. Yeah, it was that bad.

Paranormal Activity

And to finish off the list, Paranormal Activity. For some reason, this movie terrifies people. No clue why, I thought it sucked. There was only like 2 parts that were remotely scary. And that's not including the very end either (which I think sucked). It's still showing previews of people in the theater supposedly watching this and freaking out. Personally, I think that they were watching something else to make this movie seem scary. Or the people in the theater are just trying to be cute. Ugh, I hate the actors in this movie too. If they wanted to make it believe able, they should've got people that can actually act scared. I could go on for hours about how much I dislike this movie, but I'm going to stop here. I give it a 2.5/10.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Hopefully that gets you up to date on all the movies we've watched lately. Hope you enjoy! Peace...

-Megan

Song of the day: God Gave Rock & Roll to You by Kiss

Don't forget to click the name of the movie for the trailer!

No comments: