Guess who was at our door a little bit ago?

Well, it wasn't anyone we knew personally. It was our marsupial friend, the opossum. Yup, a opossum. I was just sitting there watching TV, then I heard what I thought was the neighbors dogs digging in the trash can. So I got up and opened the door to scare them away, and to my surprise, there was a opossum looking me right in the eyes like we had known each other for years. I automatically ran and grabbed the camera so I could have photographic evidence for everyone to see. When I got back to the door, I noticed the opossum, we'll call him Stewie for now, I noticed Stewie looking over towards the neighbors. And of course, it was their dogs. They came running down there and ran right up in Stewie's face. They scared him so bad, he fell off the porch. I was screaming at them the entire time trying to get them to leave, but oh no. By the end of everything, poor Stewie was curled up in the yard doing was opossums do best, playing opossum. So, I had to drag the dogs up to the car and keep them in long enough for Stewie to get away.

So after about an hour of dogs, yelling, and trapping, Stewie finally got to get away and the dogs played no part in it. I say it was a win - win.

-Megan

Song of the day: You Can't Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones

This was when he first noticed the dogs...

This was when the dick demon dogs backed him up in the corner...

This was when the dogs just kept harassing him and getting him pissed...
Still pissed...

Even more pissed...

This one is so pitiful! One of the dogs lunged at him and he backed off the porch...
Playing opossum...


Ahh, he looks so evil here, lol...

No comments: