Well St. Louis was fun...

NOT! Yesterday was our big joey swapping in West Alton. Overall it was ok, but considering I've never drove in STL with no clue as to where I'm going, it was rough.

The day started out by us dropping off Miss Sharon in Farmington to meet her hubby, Gene. They got a new horse, BTW. It's awesome and I can't wait to see it in person (pics coming soon). After we dropped her off, we decided to head on up to STL.

All was good until we actually got into STL and missed an exit, then things got ugly. We were in downtown so hard and didn't really know where to go. All I knew is that we need to go toward the Arch and not away from it. The GPS whore had us make a wrong turn and we ended up in at some kind of street gathering. It was so gnarly, there was a guy on the side of the road playing the Sax and everything, lol. The looks on our faces had to be priceless. After about 10 more turns, we finally made it back on the main drag. After that, it was smooth.

We ended up getting to our destination about 2 1/2 hours too early. So we had to sit and sit and sit. During this time, we were just sitting there, minding our own business and taking pictures of the road and what not. Then out of nowhere, two of the workers from Dirt Cheap (where we were parked) comes walking over and says, "Is there some reason you're taking pictures of my car?" I replied, "I'm not taking pictures of your car, I'm taking pictures of the road." She looked at me and said, "Are you sure?" What the hell man, of course I'm sure. After I explained that we were waiting on someone, she said she was sorry and that she was having a bad day. She turned, walked off and gave me another, "I'm sorry". Ugh, some people. Then like 30 minutes later, the guy that walked out with her peeked his head around the corner to see if we were there. Seriously, he did. It was annoying and kind of pissed me off.

Thankfully, Elena and her husband got there earlier than what they had to, so we only had to sit for about an hour and 45 minutes. A long time, but not too bad. And I have to say, they are super nice people. Even when the other girl that Elena was meeting got there, her husband still stood outside in the blistering heat and talked to us.

After about an hour and a half of jibber jabing, we both went on our separate ways. We made it out of STL with no problem at all. And believe me when I say this, I was beyond happy to be home! I was SO tired last night and earlier today, I didn't think I was going to make it. It's amazing how much a drive can take out of a person.

Anyway, all our joeys have found their forever homes and our new little girl, Fiona, has found hers. She is seriously so cute! She looks a lot like Sadie, but not. I'll try to get some new pics tomorrow when she's a little more settled in.

Well, I guess that brings the day to an end. Hope you enjoyed our venture to St. Louis. Until next time, you know where to find me.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Love Reign O'er Me by The Who

Aunt Sharon in the back seat, waiting on her hubby to get there.
.
Here's uncle Gene before they left.
.
That's right, there were 6 lanes, lol. 7 at one point.
.
The road and the Arnold water tower.
.
This is the Meramec River. Not the best view, but you can still see it.
.
Not sure if this was the same river or if this is the Missouri River.
.
That's right, it's the Anheuser-Busch building. I saw this the last time I went to St. Louis.
.
Awesome shot of The Arch and an old ass building.
.
This is my absolute favorite shot of the day. So gorgeous!
.
Some buildings...
.
And some more buildings...
.
This picture is pretty awesome too. I love how all the birds are flying, it almost looks like they're flying out of that old ass building.
.
The Missouri River
.
This is where we met Elena at. Well, we meet in the parking lot next to this building. And that black car is the car we were supposedly taking pictures of. There was also a fire works place there that was crawling with bikers and playing some awesome classic rock. Good times...
.
Aww, this is cute little Draco. He looks just like his mom here.
.
Another cute pic of him.
.

And last, but not least, the awesome Edward Jones Dome.

No comments: