Southeast Missouri Snowstorm 2021

 What a week it's been! So while LaVaughn and I were in Perryville for work over the weekend, the artic decided to send a little of it's unwanted snow our way. I knew it was supposed to snow, but I had NO idea we were supposed to get the amount that we got. There were flurries Saturday night, then Sunday rolled around and it really started coming down. By the time I got up Monday, I knew there was no way we were making it home. 

I think, at the time, Perryville had 8+ inches and it was still snowing. The road department would come by and clear the roads off and the wind gusts filled with snow would cover them right back up. It was a never ending cycle that didn't stop until well after 7pm Monday night. I'm a homebody, so being snowed in away from home was really stressing me out.

Thank the good lord we were able to make it home Tuesday. It was a rough trek, don't get me wrong, but it could've been far worse. Most of the main highways were cleared off, but all the side roads and rural roads were still covered. Our road was in horrible shape, but we were lucky enough to get the car home.

Since it's been snowing off and on since Monday and temperatures close to 0 degrees (wind chill was below 0), it's safe to say I've stayed indoors the majority of the time. I did brave the elements today and go outside for some snowy pics. I nearly froze to death, but at least I have photo evidence. 

I kinda went a little nuts and took like 100+ pictures, but that's what I do, lol. I think I have 30 or so to share. Hope you enjoy!


Snowy fence.



Check out that giant ice cycle!


Amazing puppy portrait.


The cutest Boxador ever.




Snow ball on snow.

Nice little snowy landscape. I love the landscape capabilities of the 40mm.







Snowy leaf.

See how deep the snow is?

Our frozen chicken coop.

Snowy driveway.




Snow when it's just fallen is so pure and beautiful.


No comments: