Missouri Ice Storm of 2021

 So anyone in and around my area knows just how nasty the weather got last week. It started Sunday before last and got even worse early Monday. Since I travel for work now, I was SO scared that we were gonna get stuck. Thank the good lord we made it home safe and sound. It wasn't without difficulty - it was sleeting about 85% of the time we were driving home.

Thankfully it hadn't done too much in our neck of the woods, but it did get really bad Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Wednesday, after the sleet and freezing rain stopped, I ventured outside to take some photos. It was super cold so I didn't stay out that long, just long enough to take a few pics here and there. 

I guess that's all for now. Here are some pics of the ice storm from last week.


It looks like snow, but this was legit ice. There was a little snow mixed in I think.

I'd like to add that I took this with the 40mm macro lens and I think they turned out pretty decent. Definitely some nice landscape capabilities with this lens.

Our Christmas bells hanging on the fence.

More snowy/icy fence.

Our big ice and snow covered tree.

Gotta play with some macro shots.

More snowy landscape.

This fallen tree has been there for years. Almost reminds me of something north of the wall.

Our icy covered road.

I do love how pretty our driveway looks covered in snow... ice in the case.

More landscape fun with the 40mm.

Watch out, I'm starting to get artistic, lol.

Ice covered gravel.

More macro attempts.

More snow covered road.

Gigantic snow covered tree.

No comments: