Macro Photography: Take Two

I just recently looked at my camera's memory card and discovered some photos that I took last Thursday when the weather was decent. Very opposite from today - it's icy out and extremely cold today! I braved the elements Wednesday and ventured outside for some ice-filled photos, which I'll hopefully share next week sometime.

I'm kinda/sorta getting the hang of this macro lens (finally), but it's a work in progress to say the least. It has a very short focal range and a 1:1 ratio, so you have to get PAINFULLY close to your subject for that macro effect. It's fine, I mean, I didn't expect anything less. Hopefully my next macro will be the 105mm that I've been longing for. Although, my next lens purchase will hopefully be that wide angle Tokina. Fingers crossed!

Anyways, here are a handful of photos from last week. I'm a tad more comfortable with this lens now, which will hopefully show in my photos. I'll really be able to get my hands dirty when spring rolls around and there are 100s of little flowers all around.

This is literally an old hanging flower basket. It looks like hay up close, but from afar it doesn't, obviously. I love how close the 40mm Nikon gets.

A macro stick.

This mossy greenery grows on our concrete sidewalk and I usually always get pictures of it in the spring, but I've never been able to get macro shots of it.

More macro moss.

As you can see, the 40mm Nikon does wonder for extreme closeups.

I can legit take dozens of photos of moss.

Some type of pretty little clover-like weed.

Super awesome macro on this weed. It almost reminds me of a cactus.

Dead leaves on a dirty ground.

Not super close, but I liked how it turned out.

More dried up weeds.

These weeds usually have little green or purple berries. Now they're just dried up looking bells.

There's a lot of them.

I don't know what type of little puff this is, but they're some type of super cute dried up weed.

I had a lot of fun playing around with the macro here.

The Nikon 40mm takes some amazing close shots.

I'm done with the puff.

More dried weeds.

Macro of the furry dried weed.

A fallen feather. The macro on this feather was decent, but not the best.

As you can see, the 40mm Nikon takes amazing pet portraits as well. Take this handsome Boxador, Max, for example.

Pretty amazing macro shot of a dogs eye. One thing I love about the 40mm Nikon.


No comments: