Through My Lens: Part Three

 Since no one can get enough nature photos... who am I kidding, I'm sure people get sick of looking at all the photos of flowers and bugs and grass that I take. Maybe, just maybe there actually are people out there that enjoy taking and looking at the same old photos day after day, just like me. I feel like I can't just avoid sharing them all together. It's constantly in the back of my mind when I think about just posting current photos. There are just some that are super special to me and who knows if I'll ever capture an image like that again.

So here we are, on part three of my "Through My Lens" series. Now that I read that to myself, it seems like I did something similar to this once upon a time. I could be mistaken, but there's a bell going off in my head as I type this. Maybe I need to research my own blog posts every once in a great while so that I'm not repeating titles. None the less, this is the 2021 series, not the series of years past.

Back in March or April of dreaded 2020, I was able to purchase an excellent (used) 85mm Nikon lens. This has been on my wish list for at least 5 years now, but they've also always been a solid $500 and up. Not much has changed in recent years. They're just slightly under that for new. The person I purchased this lens from was the only owner and kept a UV filter on from day one. Plus is was over $100 less, which is what really drew me in.

I didn't have the lens for very long before I did an actual human photoshoot for my ex co-worker, Megan. I'll do a separate post for just those photos because I adore them! There's not much about this lens that I don't like, so hopefully you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.


Beautiful yellow blossoms.

Spiderwebs in the sun. As you can tell the 85mm Nikkor lens has a beautifully creamy bokeh.

I'm rarely going to post animals here, but couldn't not share this one of Max.

Darkened yellow roses.

I love the way the light is hitting the yellow rose here.

Such a beautifully golden yellow rose. And like I said, the bokeh is amazing on the 85mm.

There's so much more detail with the 85mm Nikkor lens. It's hard to explain, but the quality makes them look 3D almost. Very true to color lens.

If you look closely, you'll see a tiny little bug crawling on the leaf.

I was clearly obsessed with the lighting and detail here.

Can't have a post without a dandelion seed head with outstanding bokeh! I'm literally obsessed with the 85mm Nikkor lens.

Golden flowers from our flower garden.

One last dandelion seed head.

No comments: