Sugar Glider Update

 Yes, we're still the same, crazy glider people that we've always been. I'm no where near as active in the community as I used to be, but I'm still a member of the Facebook groups for when I want to start selling cage sets again. I think I posted about the gliders we've lost in previous post. If not, I'm not getting into right now, no offense. 

We've been trying to combine the cages so that we have less to have to clean. Since everyone is neutered now, there's no reason not to. We have 3 brand new DCNs out in the garage that need to be used. The goal was to get down to two colonies, but I'm thinking it's gonna be one colony and two other gages. Either way, the top and bottom double doors open up completely to allow for super easy cleaning. As of right now we have 4 HQ cages and 1 DCN and it's a bitch to clean them all.

With everything that's been going on in the past year, I really feel like we've neglected the gliders. We don't get to carry them around in bonding pouches or do tent time like we used to. I'm gonna be honest, the majority of it is our laziness to do so. Neal has been in and out of the vet a half dozen times this year, which makes introducing him and Declan to any other cage nearly impossible. 

Hopefully things start to level out and our intros go according to plan. Here are a few random shots of a few of the gliders from the past several months. Enjoy!

Chunky little Tyler, our beautiful mosaic sugar glider.

This is Loras, Tyler's son. Another gorgeous mosaic sugar glider.

More Tyler cuteness.

Loras has a lot of sass.

Charli enjoying some corn. She's a beautiful black beauty mosaic sugar glider.

Tyler wondering why she's eating all the corn.

Still going at the corn.

This was another day and another lens.

I wish it was brighter in the room so that I could get pics like this of all the gliders. Their cage is right next to the window.

Charli enjoying the view.

And the corn...

Still going strong.

Our beautiful standard sugar glider boy, Theon. He was the last boy Norman and Ginny had.

He was freaked out for some reason.

Here's chubby little Ginny, our cremeino mosaic sugar glider.

She's a beauty.

No comments: