Through My Lens: Part Two

 I could've waited a couple days to post these, but since I'm usually always too busy Friday-Monday for work, I need to squeeze these posts in while I can -- and while I'm in the mood. 

Hopefully you enjoyed my Part One post from yesterday. I'm really shocked that I was able to share so few images. Back in the day I would've shared every single picture that I took that day or week. Sometimes I would have 50 or 60 pictures at a time! I've come to the realization that I don't need to share everything, just one or two of my faves. And the past few years have hit different, so I'm not taking as many pictures as I used to.

Anyways, all the following photos are taken with my 35mm Nikon lens, which I adore. All were taken using my Nikon d5600 body as well. I hope you enjoy!


One of my favorite shots of some tree tips. Or branch tips, I don't really know.

A tiny acorn. It almost looks like a little elf house, or something you would find in the Shire.

This is probably my favorite pictures I've ever taken. It's a beautiful sunlit green leaf. Another great thing to point out about the 35mm Nikkor is there's very, very little chromatic aberration.

More photogenic weeds. The 35mm Nikkor has pretty amazing bokeh too.

I stumbled upon this frog by the lake late one evening.

Shortly after I dropped my birthday earbuds in the water. Thank god they were waterproof. Yikes!

Weeds in sunset by the lake.

Tweaked the aperture a bit to get a darker, more eerie effect.
Who doesn't love golden hour spiderwebs?


I clearly love golden hour spiderwebs. This was just two of many.

This friendly bee allowed me to take several pictures while he was pollenating our flowers.

Bees looks so cuddly.

One of the yellow roses on our yellow rose bush that was planted in memory of my mom.

Absolutely beautiful. She loved yellow roses and I know she would love these.

Some of our tiny little white flowers that we planted last year.

A bloom from our Purpleleaf Sand Cherry bush. I originally planted two of these bushes, but one died a couple seasons ago. We even got a cherry off of one a couple years ago! I love them, hopefully I can find another to go with this one, one day.

No comments: