Through My Lens: Part One

 It's safe to say I've taken thousands of pictures over the past few years during my blogging absence. I've narrowed it down to just a handful, despite me wanting to share alllll of them, but I'll spare you. I did skip the majority of 2017 to early 2019, as I didn't want to see certain images that would make sad, so it's basically a handful of photos from 2019 and a bunch from 2020. 

These are your basic flowers, bugs, the occasional landscape photo, but mainly all random stuff that you would find in your own backyard. 

All of these photos were taken with my new (old now) 35mm Nikon lens. Probably one of my favorite lenses I've ever owned. The first few were taken with my original D3300, but the rest were taken with my D5600, which I purchased (used) from a lady in the next town over in early 2019. It's a stellar crop sensor camera and I adore it. I haven't branched out into full frame yet, considering they're a tad more expensive, but I do hope I'm able to purchase one of those next.

Alright, now time for the pictures!


Spider on the meter.

There are far too many pretty purple weeds around the house.

A nice (unedited) landscape shot of the lake.

I have several shots of this purple weed with a bumblebee on it, but it wasn't until I got my face far too close that I realized that there was a decent sized white spider hanging out in the weed.

Clearly obsessed with purple wildflowers.

We're riddled with bats around here (mainly at dusk) and I finally managed to get a decent shot of a bat in flight.

Not too many decent bat pictures, but these one was okay.

Weeds in the darkness. I took a series of these shots.

You can never have too many pictures of a 3/4 moon. Ever since I got my telephoto lens, I'm unstoppable, lol.

Beautiful female cardinal.

Personally, I prefer the female cardinals, but both are stunning.

Did I mention that I branched out into astrophotography? This was my first try from early last year. I've since purchased a remote shutter that I haven't even tried out yet.

More astrophotography. You can vaguely Ursa Minor (little dipper) here. Definitely needed the remote shutter for this shot.

More weeds. The 35mm Nikon lens does amazing for up close non-macro shots.

Flowery weeds in the sun.

These are beautiful blue "fairy garden" flowers by the trunk of a tree. It was difficult to pick just one of the several pics I took of these guys.


No comments: