Welcome to the world, Lieutenant Dan!

Never in ALL our years of breeding have we ever experienced anything like this. You know how much we've been anticipating the arrival of Ellie and Oliver's joey, right? We've both been DYING to see if he's going to be a BFBB. Well, this very special little boy made his appearance today.

I didn't really notice anything until I had him in the kitchen getting ready to weigh him. That's when I noticed it... He was missing his back  right leg! I suddenly flew into a panic and started stammering around, yelling for LaVaughn. I couldn't wrap my head around what I was looking at, it just didn't seem real. Part of me kept wondering if I was imaging it, but I wasn't.

He's perfectly fine other than his missing appendage (knock wood). He weighed in at a solid 15 grams, which is great considering he's missing the weight of one of his back legs. It still seems so unreal and I'm just like -- I don't even know.

So yeah, there's that. Don't forget to check out all the adorable pictures below!

Love & Peace

-Megan














No comments: