Rattlesnake infestation...

Well Thursday when LaVaughn and I got home, there was a 3ft rattlesnake stretched across the driveway less than 5ft from our garage! Here's where I'm going to apologize to all the snake lovers out there-- we killed it. We live in the country and just can't risk it. We have our dog that goes outside to potty and an outside cat. Plus we have chickens, ducks and geese.

We kind of thought that's what bit Milla, but we weren't sure. So while I'm at work Saturday, I get a frantic call from LaVaughn saying that she killed ANOTHER rattlesnake! This one was 3 1/2 ft long and had like 11 rattles. It was huge! I didn't get to see it until after 8 when I got home from work, so it was kind of dark, but I could still see how big it was.

Lets fast forward to today. Cersei was on our picnic table looking down at something -- she looked super freaked, I might add. Sure enough, another damn rattlesnake! This one was even bigger than the last at just over 4ft. This one was pissed for no reason and in striking position.

Do you have any idea how terrified I am to go outside? It's so sad thatwe literally have to walk around with a gun on our shoulders every time we have to go outside.

We're thinking there a den in an abandoned trailer close to our house. The conservationist said that it all sounds really bad and that we shouldn't go near the trailer. He suggested getting professionals to come in if there's anything inside and that it basically needs to be burned down. He said that seeing that many that big within a few days is not good news.

So yeah, I'm almost certain that's what bit Milla. Now, WHAT IN THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?

Here are pictures of the 3 snakes that we've recently come into contact with:

Rattlesnake #1


Rattlesnake #2


Rattlesnake #3


No comments: