What's been going on...

So, lots has taken place over the last 10 days since I've blogged. I've had some time to blog, but I'm keeping my mind pre-occupied with other things lately, things I actually enjoy more than writing. So, let me start with the most exciting news (to me).

We found a kitten. I know, I know, we do NOT need more cats, nor do we want more, but some jerk dropped a kitten off (maybe more) next to our mailbox. We were driving home I want to say Thursday before last and there she was. LaVaughn got out of the car and chased her down, then we brought her down to the house.

She's young, probably no older than 3 months and was super skinny. She had some eye irritation going on and started sneezing quite a bit over the weekend, so I called Monday and made her vet appointment for Thursday. Her check-up went good, aside from being a tad on the sickly side, but Heather said she really didn't even look that bad. Her lungs sounded good, so she was almost certain she had a viral infection which resulted in a URI. She's on 10 (I think) days of Clavamox now.

LaVaughn and I both swear up and down that she's Bart's kitten. She looks identical to him, even when he was a kitten. I would almost put money on the fact that she's one of his babies, which warms my heart. I miss Bart so much and think of him often. Even more now, but it doesn't make me as sad as my memories of him. We've decided to name her Clementine, which fits her so well.

Cersei isn't too keen on the idea of having another kitten around, but she does seem to be warming up to her. Too bad Clementine wants absolutely nothing to do with poor Cersei.

Crappy picture, but isn't she cute??

I've actually (slowly) started getting back into sewing lately. I sewed not one, but TWO cage sets last week! It was so much fun and such a warm welcome back into the world of vending when my cage set sold literally two minutes after I posted it. She even bought another, but has yet to pay for it. I cut out a set today that I'll hopefully get around to sewing tomorrow.

Sewing and coffee go hand in hand.

This is the second set I did. It's one of my all time favorites. 

In gaming news -- not sure if you know this or not, but Resident Evil 5 was released at the end of June. JUNE!! Do you realize how long we could have been playing this game?? It's only one of the best RE co-op games out there. As soon as I found out, I ordered it. Resident Evil 4 comes out at the end of this month. I'm dying...


Day before yesterday I had to drive my aunt to The Laser Spine Institute in Saint Louis. Boy what a day! The drive was effortless, but the waiting, that was the hardest part. I think LaVaughn and I sat out in the waiting area for over 3 hours! We watched what seemed like dozens of episodes of Like It or List is (not sure if that's the name) while we waiting on her to come out. 

They had a dining area with free food -- mainly some creepy chips, chopped salad, half sandwiches and several different beverages (mainly hot teas and coffee). I got a coffee at one point, but had to throw it away due to its raunchiness. We left with a couple things of apple juice which we had yesterday. 

My aunt got all of her day one testing done and thankfully she didn't have to go back until today to do the rest. Now all we can do is hope that they'll be able to help her out with a VERY minimal surgery.


Since we were in the neighborhood, we asked Christina if she would meet us and pick up the boys that had to be shipped. Since I haven't really talked about the gliders any, I'm referring to Nanook and Gendry. They'll be shipped to Florida and Maryland this Friday to meet their new mommies. #nervous

I guess that about sums up the past couple weeks. I live a very boring life, so not much can be expected in the way of thrills and excitement when I blog. Hopefully it's enough to keep you interested. Until next time...

-Megan

No comments: