2016 Holiday Rewind...

We kicked off the holiday season Thursday by making all kinds of holiday sweets. We made sugar cookies, Oreo balls, fudge and then some. I had to work Friday, so not much took place then. We did gift swap at work -- really it was just LaVaughn and I giving Shawna her gifts, but still.

Since we had two people bail on the Christmas festivities this year, it was just me, LaVaughn, my aunt and uncle. Talk about a small gathering, but it was most definitely a merry one. 

We spent the first half of Christmas Eve drinking coffee and making food for the following day. We then watched Rudolph -- yes, the ancient one that scares me more than the scariest of horror movies. My aunt loves it and she loves frosty too, but luckily we only had to endure Rudolph. Sorry auntie, I love you. It was so painful to watch, I'm not even joking. I had such a hard time composing myself while we watched, but I was good and made it through the entire movie without cracking up.

After that was over, so began to open presents. Everyone had a great time and (hopefully) got everything they wanted. I know I did -- some of my favorite gifts were a Jessica Simpson bag, Bobs by Sketchers and my new Deadpool jacket. It was a blessed Christmas Eve to say the least.

Christmas Day my aunt, uncle and LaVaughn all went to church. This was my first Sunday off in months, so I stayed home. I still got up right at 11, but it's whatever. LaVaughn went to bed as soon as they got home, so I helped my aunt make Christmas dinner. LaVaughn and I didn't eat until after communion that night, so it was a late Christmas dinner for us.

I honestly can't believe I'm blogging this late, but we have a busy week coming up. We're meeting up with Doug and Kyan tomorrow in Festus so they can ship our girls Wednesday, then Tuesday we have to drive my aunt and uncle to Farmington so she can see her lawyer, then we're all going to AT&T to hopefully (fingers crossed) get new phones. Then Wednesday we're supposed to meet up with Angie and her kids for dinner in Ironton. Looks like Thursday is my only free day this week, because I'm back to work after that. Sigh... I'm already exhausted just thinking of all of that.

I hope you all had very Merry Christmas! Until next time...


Christmas cookie prep:





Christmas Eve:









Christmas Day:














Holiday recap from my Instagram feed:








No comments: