Bad start to a good day...

I knew today was already going to be on the decent side, considering this was my last day of work for a couple days AND I got out at 7. I absolutely adore days when I get to leave early, it's just such a good feeling.

Since I had such a short day, LaVaughn decided to ride up with me. We were wanting to go to Farmington afterwords anyways, so that would just save me from having to come all the way home, then go all the way back and get her.

Well, we were driving down the road, when out of nowhere the battery light comes on. Not 10 seconds later, we hear this God awful scratching and dragging sounds as if the entire undercarriage of the car was falling off. We immediately stopped and assessed the damage. What we found was some type of stray wire hanging. And upon further investigation under the hood, we saw that one of our belts was broke. Fun!

Luckily the mail lady was driving by about that time and stopped to help us. Since she had the same thing happen to her once, she knew what was wrong. It was out serpentine belt -- which for those of you who don't know, it basically circulates everything in the car. Nothing was working properly and the car was using the battery reserves to function properly.

I called my boss, explained the situation, and was extremely shocked by his understanding nature.

We made it to the shop with no issues, then the search for a belt began. After hopping back and forth between the two locally own auto shops in the small town on Annapolis, we finally got things lined out and on the go.

Since I only had to work until 7 and it was well after 4 when we go done, I didn't even bother to go in and finish what was left of my shift, it would have been pointless. Instead we came home, had some coffee, and then I topped off my day by taking quite a few pictures outside. It was just so beautiful out this evening, I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Hopefully we have no car issues tomorrow -- I have to drive my aunt to Cape so that she can get her second installment in injections in her spine! Fun!

Love & Peace

-Megan

For you viewing pleasure:

These nifty little bowls that I picked up for $1 are going to be used as ball pits for the gliders, just gotta get our hands on some pompom balls.

Toby looks so grumpy.


But he is SO gorgeous!

Now time for pictures from around the yard:




























































No comments: