There and back again... again.

Our trip to Cape was deemed quite successful yesterday, which is shocking because something usually goes wrong within an hour of arriving. But other than my poor aunt having to wait for an exceeding amount of time, things went well.

While my aunt was inside, LaVaughn and I headed over to Dollar Tree in hopes of finding some pompom balls. I honestly hadn't been in a Dollar Tree since we lived in Perryville back in like 2003 or 2004. They've changed a LOT now and even carry meats... yes, meats. Imagine my surprise when I saw a big sign that read, "Rib eye steaks, only $1!" I think I'll pass on the bargain meat for now.

After lollygagging around for nearly 30 minutes, we were finally able to find some pompom balls. We ended up getting 7 packs of them, along with 4 different types of nail polish, some lotion, and a couple other things that we didn't really need. I was kind of shocked when the total read $20. That's how they get you, SO much stuff is only $1, which means you buy that much more! Oh well, at least we got out pom balls.

We quickly made our way back to Doctors Park, even though it was only 2:30. Since the parking lot had filled up considerably, we decided to go someplace else for a while. We were going to go to Walmart, but decided to hit up Petco instead.

Upon walking inside, I was really taken aback by the putrid smell. I mean, I know it's a pet store so they're going to stink some, but this place smelled really, really bad. That didn't stop us from walking around and eyeing all the animals, the rodents particularly. They only had males caged out front, which brings me to believe all the females are being caged in the back as breeders, Very upsetting.

What was even more upsetting was the overcrowding in the mouse cage. There had to be 40 mice smashed into a 30 gallon aquarium. It was so heartbreaking. We eventually had to leave the rodent section, as we were both too upset to stare at them any longer.

Just as we were getting ready to leave, I spotted a clothes rack with a giant pink dress that would have looked exceptionally cute on Milla. The closer we got, the cuter the dress looked. I knew there was no way we would buy it, considering dog clothes in Milla's size are close to $20, if not more. When I picked the dress up and looked at the tag, it read $4! Yes, FOUR dollars! I couldn't believe it! After that, I found one for Fletcher, my aunt's dog, and a hoodie for Milla! All of them, $4 each! I think the total was like just below $13, which still blows my mind.

After that, we returned to the doctors office and waited until they were done with my aunt. We went home after that and proceeded to make our ball pits for the gliders, which were a HUGE hit! LaVaughn and I stayed in the glider room for a good hour just watching everyone play in them. I'm sure they'll have nothing to do with them tonight, but they loved them last night.

Well, since LaVaughn and I have a million cage sets to cut out, I suppose I better call it a day. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the dogs in their new shirts:



He loves his.










Milla... not so much.





The beginning of a beautiful friendship:











































































One of the cutest sugar gliders in the world!!










No comments: