Everyone has to make a comeback...

So, since I haven't blogged in nearly two weeks -- I'm actually just one day shy of two weeks -- I thought I would fill everyone in as to what's been going on in the past week.

First and foremost, my mom has been staying with me ever since she got out of the hospital. She's doing wonderfully and plans on returning home this coming weekend. It's been an adjustment to have an extra person in the house, but nothing too drastic. I don't even notice she's here in the morning when I'm asleep.

I am disappointed with her, though. A week before she had surgery, when she was admitted to the hospital, she gave up smoking. This was HIGHLY recommended by her doctor because her lungs were in such bad shape. She hasn't even looked at cigarettes since and even boasted about how she never craved them. Well Saturday, when her husband Bob came to visit, she had him take her to the convenience store so she could buy a pack. I'm very, very, very upset about this. But, she a grown woman and can make her own decisions.

And you remember how LaVaughn and I were supposed to meet up with everyone for dinner last Sunday (the 31st)? Well, the Wed. before that, I developed a mild sore throat. The next day, still there and slightly worse. As the day progressed, it only got worse. This wasn't your run of the mill sore throat that follows with a list of cold symptoms, this was tonsillitis! By Friday it was showing no signs of letting up. I had nasty little pus pockets all over my right tonsil, where the majority of my pain was.

It was then that I made the decision to cancel our dinner date for Sunday. I had already requested off work, but I wasn't going to complain. Cindy still needed to meet up with us because we were getting Perla from her, just not for dinner. And Since Doug and Kyan were getting Pax and Xander from us, we decided to meet up with them as well.

By the time Sunday rolled around, I had developed a nasty little cough, so you can imagine my excitement to meet to people and be completely contagious and disgusting.

The meet up went well, though. Cindy is a complete angel and Doug and Kyan are just awesome, I love them all already. The boys were so happy to get Pax and Xander, and we were overjoyed to get Perla, now Ellie. It was then that we planned on meeting up the following Sunday for dinner, with hopes of everyone's colds being eradicated. Apparently Cindy's little girl, her 7 month old baby, and Kyan all got sick. I hope it wasn't my fault.

Cindy also brought us a goody bag that Sunday filled with lots of things for the gliders. We received; water spinach, baby bok choy, guava, jack fruit, and dried hibiscus. Almost everything was hit with the gliders, all but the hibiscus.

We've tried intros with Ellie and the trio (Declan, Neal, Fiona), but so far not so good. Ellie doesn't want to have ANYTHING to do with them, and they're not shy to agree with her. We're doing things slow and pouch swapping every couple days. I just hope they get together eventually and we don't have to find Ellie and new cage mate.

 Lets see, what else has taken place this week... Oh, my big ebay dispute! Okay, so LaVaughn and I have been looking at bags like crazy on ebay. LaVaughn found an awesome Dooney & Bourke bag for $30 that actually turned out to be legit! Well, I found a Dolce & Babbana that was supposed to be authentic that ended up being a complete rip off for $30. The front label was falling off and appeared to be glued on, there was fraying all over the bag, and the zipper on the inside was hung.

The seller doesn't accept refunds, but buyers are backed by ebay's satisfaction guarantee, so I wasn't too worried about it. I was really nice to the girl and told her that I just wanted to send the bag back for a refund. After she offered like half back, me saying no, and her having a mini meltdown, she finally agreed to offer a full refund of the purchase price, which I was fine with. And, we got to keep the bag, so it worked out.

I prefer Juicy Couture anyways, so it's all good. I actually found a leopard print Juicy bag for LaVaughn on ebay, but I feel in LOVE with it when it arrived, so I'm using it for now. :)

Okay, since I can't think of anything super important that's happened the past couple weeks, I'm going to go ahead and fast forward to last night, when we had our big to do!

The original plans were to meet in Festus at the Hibachi Grill. Well, apparently Sara was pressed for time and needed to meet closer, so the plans were moved from the Hibachi in Festus to Texas Roadhouse in Arnold. I wasn't to depressed, considering I've always wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse.

LaVaughn and I got there like an hour early, which we normally do. I was a bit surprised to see just how packed they were. I'm serious, the parking lot was FULL! There were people even parking in the grass! We hung around at the car for a few minutes, then made out way to the front of the building, where even more people were standing and waiting. I text Cindy and told her we were there, she told us to go on in, but we didn't really want to go in on our own, so she said just to wait.

When the crowd cleared out, we decided to give it a try and go in. The reservations were for 11 people under Cindy's name, so it was easy enough to go up and get our table beeper.

About 20 minutes after that, it went off and we made our way inside. We were taken to the back of the restaurant where 3 tables were fused together so that our entire party could sit. Cindy got there not long after us, maybe 5 minutes, then Doug and Kyan followed 10 minutes after her. It was probably another 15-20 minutes before Taylor, Stephanie, Sara, and Christina made it.

LaVaughn and I both got the catfish and a Jamaican Cowboy, which was delicious and gave me a nice little buzz. It was an awesome night with awesome friends, good times were had by all. LaVaughn and I even sat Kyan up at the end of the night. It was told that it was his birthday, so just before everyone left, they clapped their way over to us and wheeled a saddle up there for him to sit on. We was a little reluctant to get on, but he finally caved under peer pressure. It was awesome!

And now, since I've taken almost an hour out of my day to blog, I'm going to end it there. I want to go clean the glider room up a bit and play The Sims 4, which is a very interesting game.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Now, prepare yourself for all the pictures I've taken in the past couple weeks:

Random shots...









A little homeless kitten we fed at McDonald's...




Our bag of goodies from Cindy...


Our new baby, Ellie...




More randomness...












New pictures of Petra...









Miss Avery...









Miss Harper...









And Aubrey...

















More randomness...












A bat that tried to attack us...

See the flying bat wings?








Our new bags...

The Dooney & Bourke

The Faux Dolce & Gabbana

The Juicy Couture






A group of bats.


Fun at Texas Roadhouse.


No comments: