Death becomes her...

I have fallen very ill as of late due to this horrendous cold that I've had. I'm going on day 8 now, which is completely ridiculous. I know I shouldn't complain, considering it's just a cold, but "just" and "cold" shouldn't be applied together in this case.

Like I said in my last blog, my cold started on the first of the year -- I know, awesome way to spend the New Year. Things were worse Saturday, I was fatigued and my head felt swollen. Sunday I was super congested and couldn't seem to clear my throat. I started coughing Sunday night, which led to me having a sore throat. That persisted through Tuesday when I had to work -- I'll talk about running the entire shift on Tuesday in a minute -- leaving my throat sore and a terribly persistent cough that did allow me to raise my voice at all.

My sore throat started to diminish Tuesday night, but my congested was a strong as ever. My head and chest were unbelievably congested Wednesday and I had absolutely no sense of smell or taste at all that day. LaVaughn and I had to take Fletcher to the vet in Fredericktown that day, plus grocery shop, so you can imagine how fun that trip was. Wednesday night I coughed so terribly bad, but it was far worse Thursday. I woke up around 10:30 and stayed up coughing until a little before 12, I kid you not. I would cough terribly, then get relaxed enough to almost fall asleep, then I could cough again. It was murder!

Thursday evening I still couldn't really smell or taste much, but I did fell like 12.3% better, so I decided to clean the drop trays and rat cage, even though I didn't really want to. Just as things started to look up, I found myself favoring my right ear that night. This dull, achy feeling that I just couldn't shake. Friday my congestion seemed to have diminished by nearly 50%, as well as my cough by 60% or more. I still had that terrible dull pain in my ear that just wouldn't go away.

I woke up today feeling slightly better. My congestion is loads better. I still have a cough, though not as bad as before. The thing that's bothering me most is my ear. I can't get rid of the dull throb of pain. It's stemming all the way from my ear to my throat, but that was mostly yesterday and the day before. Today the pan is causing me to have sever tooth sensitivity and some pain, which sucks. I'm also talking extremely nasal, which sucks. I haven't been able to talk normal in days. It is better today, but not much.

I'm starting to feel better (knock wood) I think, but I don't want to get too optimistic and wake up sicker tomorrow. I've gone over a year without being sick, my body is definitely letting me know it. I know I shouldn't complain, there are people in FAR worse shape than me, so I honestly have no right whatsoever to bitch about something as minor as a cold. Still, it's uncomfortable and just not a fun experience.

I was supposed to work 2-10 today, but since we were supposed to get bad weather today I found someone to cover 7-10 for me. I guess everyone in Ironton had either froze to death or feared they would get caught in the non-existent blizzard, so they stayed home. This made labor bad and allowed me to leave just before 5. It's a loss in money, but I still don't feel like doing anything, so getting to come home was a godsend.

Speaking of work, I ran the store/shift Tuesday while all the managers were at a meeting. I'm not talking just watching someone's spot, I'm talking full on in charge! I had managers numbers, the key to the safe, everything! I got to run an entire crew of people for over 3 hours. Not bragging, but I did awesome. Times were down, the store was clean and well stocked, it was awesome.

I was very sick that day, which made the whole experience miserable for me, which sucks because I was really looking forward to it.

Aside from that nothing exciting has happened. I don't leave the house unless I absolutely have to. I stay inside and cough my way through bottles and bottles of Mucinex. LaVaughn and I have been playing the Sims off and on all week, which is fun. It would be more so if I wasn't... You guessed it, sick! Hopefully next week will be better. And have I mentioned that I don't have to work tomorrow? Yay!

I haven't really been able to enjoy the joeys either, which also sucks. They're so unbelievably cute and just awesome! Their eyes opened up a couple days ago, which is early for joeys. We've also decided to name them Jim and Dale. Some of you will get that. :)

Well I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'm better next time and have something more exciting to wrote about...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from the past few days:

Wednesday...

Love, love, LOVE getting packages in the mail! Have I mentioned that before?

Especially when those packages contain The Walking Dead comics. My heaven! <3 p="">
And a free zombie girl to boot!

On the way to the vet.

Flea meds for the cats.

And the dog.

Dale! <3 p="">
Jim! <3 p="">

Thursday...

My life right now.

And chamomile tea. Yuck!


Friday...

Mini preview of the joeys shoot. This is Jim:






Dale:






Nightly regime.

Cell pics of the boys. Dale:




Jim:




And today, my drive to work:



No comments: