Sugar glider penis issues...

I know, not the most appealing title, but it's basically what we've been dealing with all day. LaVaughn and I heard distressed crabbing coming from Chloe and Boone's cage today, so we immediately checked it out. This was at 9 AM, mind you, we were both still sound asleep at this time. When we got there, LaVaughn saw that Chloe was chasing Norman around tugging on his penis. I kid you not, she was pulling and biting with all her might!

We got him out of the cage as quick as we could and put him in a cage by himself.

I've been consulting with people that have extensive knowledge in this department and as of right now, a vet isn't necessary. If he's showing no signs of improvement by tomorrow, then we're going to the vet. Until then we're applying Vetericyn and Vaseline to keep his penis moist until it retracts. We've also applied Preparation H once, which is all we can do in a day.

I'll be so glad when the swelling goes down and we can put this behind us.

In other news, it's cold as hell outside and there's still snow on the ground from Tuesday nights mini snow storm. Jeez Tuesday was a nightmare. I had to work 1-7, but I knew I wouldn't be able to stay my entire shift, so I got someone to cover 4-7 for me. I'm so glad I did too, because it started sleeting right after I left.

And of all days, I get this notification in the car -- more like a warning -- saying that the left rear tire was flat. When I looked it said that it had 11 pounds in it! I quickly went to the nearest station and put 29ish pounds in it. I had to pay $1 for air, which sucked. I also couldn't figure out how to administer the air into the tire until I let ALL of the air out of the tire causing it to go completely flat. Luckily I got it aired up before my time ran out.

It started sleeting and freezing rain while I was squatted outside trying to get the air compressor to work. I still had to go to the store for a couple things, get gas, and go by Redbox to return Uncharted. It was a nightmare day. The roads kept getting worse and worse, but luckily they cleared up the closer I got to home.

What takes me 30-35 minutes to get home took me an hour that day.

I sewed a 9 piece cage set Wednesday, then played the sims for a while. I started obsessing over Norman as soon as I got up today, then cut out 2 cage sets that I can hopefully sew up tomorrow. I've been worrying about Norman and playing the sims the rest of the evening. Very boring stuff.

We have to go to town tomorrow and get some KY if Norman has shown signs of improvement. If not we'll be going to the vet.

Well I guess that's all for now. Hopefully tomorrow I have much better news to share. Until then...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some pictures of all the joeys from Wednesday:

Cordelia






Dale






Jim






No comments: