Decking the halls and decorating the tree...

You remember me saying that we were going to decorate the tree Saturday night when I got home from work? Well that didn't happen. I mean, it kind of happened, but it was a major fail. You see, I picked up two strands of lights the other day. These were super bright LED lights. When we saw how big the tree was Friday, we knew we were going to need another strand of lights. So while we were in the store Friday after the tree farm, LaVaughn rushed to the Christmas decorations and grabbed another box of blue lights.

I knew something was off when the lady charged me just under $3 for them -- I paid $6 the other day, so this was either a hell of a bargain or the lights were off. sure enough, they were. The lights LaVaughn got were super dim next to the LED lights, so the middle strand on the tree were practically non-existent.

After we we had fits about that, we thought that maybe you wouldn't be able to notice them after we got the ornaments on and the garland. Again, HUGE fail! You most definitely could see the dim row of lights and the garland did nothing because we only had 3 strands that wouldn't even fit on the tree. I was ready to tear my hair out at this point and say screw it.

We decided to put everything on hold at this point. LaVaughn and I went to town after I closed the store Sunday and picked up two more boxes of LED lights and 3 strands of garland. It was the exact same garland, but it was close enough.

So today was the day. We completely stripped the tree of everything we had on it, turned on the best classic Christmas music and started over. The end result was worth all the worry and the hassle that we experienced over the weekend and what we have now is probably one of the prettiest trees we've ever had.

Lesson learned, though -- never get a White Pine tree ever again.

We also decorated most of the interior of the house. The pictures that I took aren't anything special because the house is a complete disaster. I'm not even sure I should post them, but what the hell.

Here they are:










I honestly think this is the prettiest tree we've ever had. Blue and silver is the perfect theme.















No comments: