Post-Cape blog, plus birthday gifts and mall finds!

LaVaughn had to go to the pain clinic Wednesday for her quarterly injection, so we decided to go up on Tuesday, stay the night at the hotel and do some shopping. We stayed at our favorite hotel; Auburn Place Hotel & Suites and even got our favorite room this time! I'm going to leave out what room number it is due to the fact that I have a stalker now, but we'll leave that for another blog.

After we got checked into the room, we did our usually mall run where we were able to find some AMAZING deals -- who doesn't love out of season clearance items? Maurice's and Old Navy are our go-to store when it comes to hitting the clearance. Especially if you're looking for style and comfort. We snagged a few Christmas gifts as well -- I also got LaVaughn's other birthday gift that I've wanted desperately to get her from Hot Topic!

After we spent a couple hours exploring nearly every single store in the mall, we called it quits for the day and headed back to our room before 7 PM. We had planned on hitting up Target and Petco, but decided to go there after the injection.

We ordered take-out from Olive Garden again, only because we've been dying to try the Tour of Italy and the Northern Tour of Italy (this one was mine). Of course, it was amazing. I'm a huge fan of their Alfredo and Tortellini. The salads are mediocre, in my opinion. They're overrated $1 bags of Dole salad mix that you get from the market. Where are the baby greens?? The salads are free, so I'm not complaining.

Luckily LaVaughn's appointment went well and we were able to hit up Target (more Christmas items), Petco and Walmart for household items and more groceries than I care to admit.

Of course, we were homesick all night last night and badly missed our cats and other furry critters. It was nice to get away for a day, though, but I still prefer to be home. I'm a homebody -- nearly a shut-in!

I've stolen pictures from my Instagram to share, but they're really nothing special. Hope you enjoy!

Our room and a couple pics of the hotel:




The mall and their giant wreath:


Maurices:


And lastly, our amazing takeout from Olive Garden:



No comments: