The ups and downs of yesterday...

Man, yesterday started out so well. We got up about 9:00, got our gliders our of their pouch and put them in separate pouches, and went on our merry way. Then about an hour into the drive, we heard a loud pop sound. We didn't think too much of it, so we kept going. Then like a mile down the road we were getting off of our exit when the car started vibrating. In was inevitable, we had a flat. So we pulled off to the side and got out. There we so many huge truck going by we could barely hear ourselves talk. Then I got the tire and the jack out of the trunk, but I couldn't find a 4-way. I looked and looked, but there was nothing. So then I started messing around with the jack a little bit. After about 20 minutes of that a thing popped off of the jack. And thankfully, it had a 4-way thing at the tip. So after we got the tire changed, we had to get off of an exit. Then we went to this big truck tire place and asked if they knew where we could get our tire patched. The dude told me that there was a place about a mile down the road. So off we went. Well, we couldn't find that place so we got off on Jackson exit and found a little tire place. I went in and asked the guy that was behind the counter(who really looked like Seth Green) if they could patch our tire. And he said yes, but it would be about 40 minutes. So then we had to wait. Well it ended up taking over an hour before they got to us. Then after they got the tire fixed we were minus $10 and delayed 3 hours. But it was pretty much smooth sailing after that. Other than my grumpy glider crabbing the entire way.

We are so happy to be home. That was such a long drive. But it was all worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I probably wont blog any more tonight, I'm still kind of worn our from the drive. And not to mention I'm going to have something to keep me occupied. Until then... peace.

-Megan

Song of the day: Going To California by Led Zeppelin

P.S.
Happy Birthday Aunt Sharon! I hope you have a good one...

No comments: