Enjoy the little things...

I specifically took off work today so that I could actually enjoy a Saturday. It had absolutely nothing to do with the car show that they were having at my place of employment, nothing at all.

Since we didn't feel like sewing today or gaming, we decided to actually get out for a while and enjoy this very fantastic, very rare weather. It's not too hot at the moment, and it's definitely not cold. My only issue was the lighting -- not good to work with at all! It's no worries, though, I managed.

We took a nice drive down our old stomping grounds, a road called BB. When we take BB all the way to the end, we take a right, which brings us to K highway, which leads right back into Annapolis. We basically made a giant circle at the end of the day.

The road has changed a lot since we've last been there. The old, disheveled house that looked like something out of a horror movie looks completely different now. The new owners really outdid themselves with the remodel. They practically added on another house in the back! Then, the lookout place where we used to park and enjoy the sunset, is being blocked by the construction of a brand new house. The house itself is beautiful, but it's their backyard that will steal the show. Talk about a house with a view!

It's just so much different now than what it used to be. The drive seems shorter, the view has changed, there's just something so... congested about it.

We stopped by the old Vulcan school and walked around for 10 or so minutes. I managed to get some decent pictures of the building, playground, and even a couple shots inside. Mind you, the lighting was ghastly today, so nothing turned out like I originally wanted it too. Still, it has that creepy factor that I was looking for.

On our drive back, LaVaughn spotted some ducks to the right of us. Of course, me being the duck lover that I am, I had to turn around. As we drove back by, we noticed that they weren't ducks at all, but Loons!! Like actual, in the flesh Loons! I've never witnessed them in person, let alone actually hear them in person! Now they didn't make their haunting, calling noise, just a long whine. Very awesome, I just wish I could have taken a picture of them.

After that, we went to the local cemetery where I had intended on take pictures. Instead, I ended up fixing fallen grave ornaments. Not what I had planned on doing, but it sufficed. We returned home shortly thereafter.

And here we are. It's past 6 now and time to feed the animals. Hope you enjoyed our trip down memory lane, picture wise, anyways. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

This is the old Vulcan school:





The playground:



An old TV that was just sitting there. Completely random.



A look inside:


Yes, that would be a million ladybugs.


Random pictures from the grounds:

Like this pretty sidewalk flower.




Very eerie tree.

Not much of a gate.

Vulcan school, circa 1939.


Random pictures from home:



One of Kira's awesome joey's:



Is that head marking not to die for!?

I'm not for sure, but I think he has a spotted ear!!



A look outside our bathroom window:



The End.

No comments: