False hope...

Apparently someone saw one of my pleas for help on Facebook and contacted me about Lucy, our missing cat. She said that she has been feeding a cat that has been hanging around her place of employment (Casey's), in Fredericktown!!

I talked to her for nearly an hour Saturday night after I got home from work. She said that the cat she saw looks strikingly like Lucy, and she's excessively pregnant. She said the cat was smaller in build and had a stubbier tail, which Lucy is and has! As much as I tried not to, I couldn't help but get my hopes up. She said that she would go back and take a picture of her Sunday and send it to me. If it was her, she was going to take her home and I would pick her up after I got off of work Sunday night.

Unfortunately, when she went back Sunday (yesterday), she was nowhere to be found. Everyone that works there thinks that she left to go have her kittens, which sounds likely. I know the chances of it being her are extremely unlikely, but one can hope, right?

I think LaVaughn and I are planing on making a trip to Fredericktown Wed., just to be safe.

If by some miracle this is her, then my suspicions were right and someone took her, took OUR cat and decided it was okay to haul her off. Something that didn't belong to them, something that they had no right making decisions for, or even touching her.

I can't even get started on this again.

In much happier news, our turkey, Lilith, laid her first egg today! It was such a shock to see such a perfect, speckled egg. Now, I just wonder if it's fertile! We really have no way of knowing, you just kind of have to take a chance. I've never seen her and Tom mate (which is probably a good thing), so I don't even know. Completely random thought, but I've never seen turkeys mating before. Of course, I see chickens getting it on constantly, but I imagine turkeys doing the deed would just be an ungodly sight. Shutter.

I know this is completely random and completely uncalled for, but I so desperately want to keep Fiona. We have a potential buyer for her, someone close and someone that we know, but I just can't bring myself to let them put a deposit down on her. I just don't know where I stand with her. Like 80% of me wants to keep her, but then there's the other 20% that's trying to rationalize and do what should be done, which is sell her.

Not 2 weeks ago we were talking about neutering everyone and maybe even re-homing a couple of them. Mind you, this all came about right after David was attacked. Our emotions ran high those few days, so we get a free pass as to why we thought that. Still, even after we decided to not neuter everyone (Logan is still getting neutered), we said we didn't need ANY more gliders, which we don't.

Ugh, I just don't know what to do. If by some chance we keep her, and if Shannon doesn't have a creme-ino girl for me, then I think I'm going to ask Tracy about the little creme boy she has. He and Fi would make the cutest pair! Plus, I'd get my creme finally! Seriously, after that, no more.

Since today is my only day off, I think I'm going to spend it playing the Sims. I know, I'm a lazy bum when it comes to the Sims, but I don't get to play anymore until Thursday. Plus, I haven't played since Friday, so I deserve it.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Since I couldn't decide which turkey egg picture I liked more, I decided to upload them both:



No comments: