And So It Begins - Intro to Strawberry Plants

The older I get, the more I find myself looking at plants. Not just your average house plant, but fruit and/or vegetable plants - sometimes even trees or large bushes. It's a gene that I inherited from my grandma and one that I'm glad I have, but more times than not, it gets me in over my head or I make purchases that aren't all that necessary.

I usually stop by Buchheit's every Monday to get cat food. Upon my arrival my gaze drifted to all the seasonal plants. Herbs, flowers and strawberry's - oh my! It didn't really help that I literally just had a conversation with my aunt the week prior about growing strawberries this year. It's really needless to say that I made an impulse purchase and left with a couple strawberry plants.

There's really no place in the garden to put them, so I'm not sure where they're going to be. We'll most likely move them to large pots for now, but I honestly don't know where to put them long-term.

Like with any new purchase - especially of plants - I have to welcome them into our home with a photograph or two. It was almost picture perfect the way they were setting in the window. 

Young strawberry plants.

I love the leaves on the strawberry plants.

"Everbearing" Strawberry. It was either this or "Junebearing".

I love the macro detail with the 40mm Nikon lens on this strawberry leaf.

Strawberry plants sitting pretty in the window.

More baby strawberry leaves.

No comments: