Having Fun With Adobe Lightroom

I was introduced to Adobe Lightroom in early 2019 and it was completely alien to me. I knew nothing of presets or brushes, I was only used to Photoshop Elements and Photoimpression. For those of you who don't know what Photoimpression is, it's a photo editing software that was introduced in 2004. I cringe at the thought, but I've pretty much been using it since then, lol. I was in my early teens at the time and that was cutting edge software to me.

Now lets fast-forward 15 years to when I was turned on to Lightroom. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon it, but I downloaded it and have been using it ever since. If you're not familiar with Lightroom, it's main feature is using presets on your photos to dramatically enhance them. In the beginning I downloaded presets from various websites, but ended up pretty much making my own that suited my needs better. It takes some massive getting used to, but once you you got it, you got it.

I've really only used Lightroom to enhance photos of people, never really of anything else. The last time I used it on photos of nature was when I took some pictures of mushrooms on a tree stump. Milla got sick the following week, so I've never really done anything with it since. That's my crazy anxiety kicking in and causing me to worry and overthink every single thing.

Anyways, not going there, but that's basically why I don't edit all my photos. I did, however, edit some over the weekend because I wanted to share what an amazing change Lightroom can make. So without further adieu...

The before is obviously on the left, but you can easily see the difference that Lightroom makes.

Mind you, these is a preset of my own making that I tweaked to my needs, but there are loads of presets that you can buy.

One of the strawberry leaves that I photographed last week.

It's still amazing to me what a difference Lightroom makes. You can't find many honest Lightroom before and after photos, but this is tweaked with nothing else.

No comments: