Cloudy Day Macro & Oversharing

 The weather has been extremely moody lately - that time of the month, mother nature? It's freezing and snowing one day, then super sunny and warm for like 4 hours, then its cold and rainy the rest of the time. It makes it difficult to plan things, like hikes or just going out to take photos. I'm the type of person that likes to go out a least a couple times a week and take random photos around the yard. I mean, anyone that knows me knows that. 

Well I braved the misting rain late yesterday evening and took some photos in the wilds of my backyard. I know, there was a big possibility that my skin could have melted right off my bones due to the wet raindrops touching my delicate skin. I joke, of course. The real reason I don't go out in the rain and take photos is due to getting my camera wet. I don't have any weather-proof lenses yet, so a few pictures for my own satisfaction is just not worth the risk.

Bugs and spiders are slowly making a comeback, which terrifies me. We've already had a couple relatively large spiders in the house the past couple weeks and the thought is absolutely nauseating. It's a bit of a contradiction, because I do like to try and find spiders in the outside world to photograph. Now mind you, I'm not actively perusing hobo spiders or wolf spiders, just random little tiny spiders that I can evade. 

Bugs are legit one of the things that I like to photograph, but it is difficult with such a short focal distance on my 40mm lens. This is why I originally wanted the 105mm macro lens, but it's just not in the budget right now, which is fine with me, I love my 40mm. 

Look at me prattling away. You wouldn't think that someone could talk so much about nothing and stretch it over nearly 4 paragraphs. 

Lets be honest, I think half of the time I force myself because I'm still trying to get back into blogging like I used to. I've been reading over some of my old posts from like 2013 and I talked about everything! Like I blogged every day or every other day and broke down my entire day. I don't think I'll ever get back to that because a lot has changed in my life and I'm an sort of an adult now (sort of) that has more responsibilities than what I did 8 years ago. I didn't realize how boring some of my posts were. Like the people that stuck around and read my blog are real OG's. 

Anyways, here are the photos from late yesterday evening. Enjoy!


Raindrops on leaves are probably my favorite thing.


I edited this in Lightroom last night and it looks so awesome! I'll have to share it sometime.

Just toying around with the macro capabilities of the 40mm Nikon lens. It gets close!

I don't know what possessed me to take a phot of this rusted windchime charm, but I do like how it turned out. Reminds me of something on GOT. 

Some pretty purple flowers.




Beautiful Boxador boy.

I also very much love dried weeds.

Like dried weeds on chicken wire, that my thing. 

When you're just coming out of the winter season, sometimes are there is to photograph is this.


Here's the type of spider I'm willing to pursue. Microscopic spiders are my go-to, unless they're jumping spiders, then no. 

No comments: