Dandelion Romance

 I am 100% infatuated with photographing dandelion seedheads. I've never had the capabilities that I have now, so I'm really soaking in as much of these gorgeous little puffs as I can. I'm just amazed by this macro lens and everything that it can do. I'm finally figuring out the best setting for certain types of photos and lighting. It's taken some time, believe me, but I think I might have the hang of it now. 

I was in a very unnatural position to get some of these photos - it's times like these that I'm so thankful that we don't have neighbors that live next door. Definitely one of the many perks to living so far away from people. I mean, we still have our culty neighbors that live across the lake, but we live in a valley, so there's no spying on us. Unless, of course, they can get some type of areal view. 

Spying neighbors aside, I managed some really awesome photos today and I'm really thrilled with how they turned out. I could edit them in Lightroom to really make them pop, but I think that's unnecessary.

I also stumbled upon a spider when I went to bed the chickens. It was in stasis, or sleeping, when I first found it. I tried to get as close as I could, but the closer I got, the more my knees began to shake. Then it awoken from its slumber and stretched it's legs. I managed one more pic before darting away to safety. 

Then stupid me was showing my sister the last (and best) photo that I took of the spider when I decided to delete it. The delete button and back button are side by side, so it's easy to accidentally delete something, but you have to hit delete twice, which I did. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I quickly found some type of recovery software and, thankfully, was able to recover it. You may think it wasn't worth all the trouble, but considering I looked death in the face and managed to get a photo of it, it was definitely worth it. 

Well I guess that's all for now. 


I'm not going to caption all these pics, but this is definitely one of my fave dandelion seedhead pictures.

This is the my favorite, I think. I love how the 40mm Nikon lens can execute pictures like this. The sun set perfectly behind this dandelion seedhead.

Close second dandelion seehead.

I also forgot about this one. I'm just in love with photographing dandelion seedheads. I'm so thankful for my macro lens and being able to get shots like this.



I also like this highlighted dandelion seedhead pic.


Tiny spider I found on the gate.

This was the stasis-mode spider.

This was the pic that I deleted by accident, but it's the best that I was able to get. I could've gotten closer, considering the 1:1 ratio on this lens, but there was no safe way for me to get that close - I was terrified. Hopefully down the road I'll have the 105mm macro lens that I want and will be able to get up close photos without getting, well... up close.

No comments: