Snowfall In April

 If you live anywhere in my vicinity, then I'm sure you received a significant amount of snow yesterday. We're a little further south than most, so we didn't really even have anything that covered the ground for more than an hour. Places a little further north, like Perryville, actually had a decent accumulation. A friend of mine from St. Charles sent me a few photos and they got close to an inch or more.

I mean, this isn't record breaking or anything, but snow this late in April isn't common at all. We have our overpopulated earth and global warming to thank for our topsy-turvy weather. 

Yesterday and today both were very lazy days for me. I've been kind of off the past couple weeks, so I'm just trying to chill out a bit. It's been too cold to really do anything in the garden, so it's not like I'm losing opportunities to be busy outside. Tomorrow is a different story - it's supposed to be warmer, so it's time to get things ready to plant Friday. We should be out of freezing temps and frost warnings, so it's time for plants to go in the ground. 

I guess that's all for now. I do have a handful of photos to share that I took today, nothing special and no dandelion seedheads... today. 

Beautiful lilac blooms.

I didn't get too many photos of these guys today, it was super windy.

Almost blooms.

Pretty yellow weeds.

These things are all over the back of the house next to the blackberry bushes.



So this was a very difficult attempt. I wanted to photograph my eye with this 40mm macro lens for a while, but it's extremely difficult to get this close without shaking or squinting my eye. I had to face the sun or the photo was too dark. So yeah, here's a macro shot of my eyeball.

Tree blooms.



It was almost too bright for these, but I went for it.

No comments: