Winds Of Change

 It's been so windy, rainy and just plain nasty outside today. It's the type of weather that drains you of all your energy and forces you to do nothing. I'm serious, I had quite a few things that I needed to do today, but due to the dreary weather, they went undone. It's very cold today (and rainy), so planting in the garden today was delayed.

I did manage to vacuum the house yesterday, then I used the Garden Weasel in between the tomato fences and on either side. After I finished doing that and LaVaughn finished picking up rocks in the lower garden, we proceeded to pick up rocks in the tomato rows. All of this was for nothing, though, considering it's too cold and wet to plant today. I'm sure the magical garden gnomes will replace all the rocks by next week.

We do have lots of potato sprouts and lettuce coming up, which is very nice. I'm pretty sure that's the only things that's sprouting as of right now, hopefully after things warm up next week we'll see more. I'm getting really anxious about not getting all the sprouts in the garden planted, but we had freeze warnings late last week and early this week -- not to mention the snow -- so we really haven't had a chance to plant anything out doors. 

I guess that's all for now. It's Friday and packing for the work weekend is in full swing. I managed some photos earlier this evening, just random things from around the yard. I think I only have one dandelion seedhead in the mix, that's after I deleted the other 4 that I intended on sharing. 


Only dandelion seedhead pic in this post.

This is some of the lettuce that's starting to sprout.

Oops, I lied. I honestly forgot about this one, so here's another pic of the inside of a dandelion seedhead.

Potato sprouts!

I'm still not sure if this is just a growth on the maple leaf, or if it's some type of egg.

Beautiful red tulips.

Tulips are some of the prettiest flowers.

Well, I'm a liar times two. Yikes, I honestly didn't think I had another one.


Some type of pretty yellow flowery weed.

There were bugs all over this fire bush that I had to walk under.

These yellow wildflowers are so pretty.

I think they're Butterweeds.

I can't be too certain.

They look more like something out of the quantum realm.

I think I'll stick with Butterweed.

No comments: