Blackberry Winter

 Now, thanks to my aunt and uncle, we have two garden fences that stretch the length of the upper garden. I played no part in putting this fence up, this was 100% them. Since we have an ungodly amount of tomato plant this year, we're going to exceed our one full row from last year and bump that up to two full rows that stretch the length of the upper garden. 

We've purchased well over 20 tomato plants this year, plus all of the seeds that were put out. I have to say, I don't believe we put our tomato seeds out early enough because the plants just aren't maturing fast enough. Lesson learned, we've never started tomato plants from seeds before, so now we know.

That's all I'm going to say about gardening on this post. 

I finished making all the gliders food earlier today for the weekend. LaVaughn and I leave for work in the AM and will be gone for 3 days, so I have to make 4 days of glider food, that's including todays. 

The weather has taken quite a turn this week. We had several storms late last week and earlier this week, now it's near artic levels outside. Definitely too cold for April, most folks around these parts would refer to this as 'Blackberry Winter'. I still managed some decent photos a little while ago, which was well worth facing the icy cold. There are copious amounts of weeds to photograph, but other things are starting to bloom as well, like my Purpleleaf Sand Cherry bush. It has the most marvelous blooms! 

Well, it's getting late and I need to finish packing and getting things in order for the weekend. Until next time...


These are the two fences in the upper garden.

Had to try and me artistic, lol.

A weed on rusty wire.

A fallen dandelion seedhead.

They're seriously so pretty.

Trying to get as close as possible with my 40mm Nikkor macro lens.



Tiny maple leaf sprouts.

Vibrant yellow.

Here's one of the Purpleleaf Sand Cherry blossoms.

The Purpleleaf Sand Cherry blossoms are some of the prettiest.

This blossom is in bloom.

Last one of the Purpleleaf Sand Cherries.

No comments: