A butt ton of movie reviews...

Hey folks. I got a whole bucket full of movie reviews for you. So, sit back and enjoy...

Backwoods

Given this movies lack of publicity, it wasn't too bad. If you're into Wrong Turn type movies, which I am, then you'll have a soft spot for it, like I did. In a way, this movie is a lot like it's rival, Wrong Turn. But, what It's lacking is the mutant people. Don't get too upset though, there's still lots of blood, hillbillies, and maybe even a rape or two. So, my advice, go rent it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I give it a 7/10.

Rec

Oh man, this movie was bad. It's like they gave the Quarantine script to some people in Mexico and said, "Hey, make this movie just like Quarantine." Which they did. It didn't help that the subtitles were like completely different than the English audio. It was like two movies in one, lol. It was all good fun though. I give it a 5/10.

Pandemic

Ugh, where do I start. We were under the impression that this movie would have a little more action. Rather than the people or animals just getting infected with the disease and dieing. They leave no room for mystery or suspense. It basically just gets right to the point and stays there. This movie was crap, for the most part. We were too bored with it to actually finish watching it. So, I'll give what we seen an astounding 2.5/10.

Trick r Treat

This could quite possibly be one of the best movies of the summer, to us anyway. Despite what the guy at the movie store said, we rented it anyway. And it was awesome! It had so much to it, from so many different angles, it just keeps you entertained until the very end. I don't want to give too much away to those of you who haven't watched, so I'm going to stop here. I give this tasty Halloween treat a 8.5/10.

Farmhouse

Just by reading the name should make you want to watch this. Automatically, you think inbreds and hillbillies, but think again. This one goes on a completely different path than that. Yea, the beginning is kind of boring and you think that you've really picked another "winner", but it definitely makes up for it towards the end. I give this hellish horror a 7.5/10.

My Bloody Valentine

I started this review in an earlier blog. I think I left off by saying how awesome this movie was. If not, that's how I should've left off. This movie was a winner from the first 10 minutes down to the last 10 seconds. I loved pretty much everything about this one. I'm sure the majority of you have seen it more than once, but for the people like us out there, it's so worth the watch. I give it a 8.5/10.

G.I. Joe

We thought we were so lucky that the guys at the movie store gave us an early copy of this. We praised the many trailers that we had seen preview, but people, don't hold your breath on this one. Since it's new, I don't want to give anything away. But, what I do have to say is this, don't be fooled by the glitzy trailers, if you liked Transformers, chances are you won't like this. But, to each their own. I give it a 6/10.

House

Bill Moseley (The Devil's Rejects, Night of the Living Dead 1990)... that name alone should make anyone that enjoys the thrills of horror want to rent this. Well, you thought wrong. This movie was so bad and so lame, it made me want to kill the people that worked on it. The plot was gay, the cameras were a little on the cheap side, and the leading ladies needed a few extra acting classes if you ask me. I was so disappointed to see Bill Moseley in something like this, it was appalling. I give this winner a 4/10.

Role Models

Oh man, this was a great movie. But what movie with Paul Rudd isn't great? It had everything I love about comedy all wrapped up in one tight little package. If you haven't seen this, drop what you're doing and go rent it. I promise, you won't be disappointed. I give it a 8.5/10.

Strange Wilderness

How can a movie go wrong with a cast including, Jonah Hill, Justin Long, and Steve Zahn? Well my friends, it can. I guess they had good intention when they started writing this, but someone was smoking a little too much KB for this movie to make any since. Yea, it had a couple funny parts that made me laugh out loud, but the rest was so overplayed, it was annoying. 5.5/10.

Ghost of Goldfield

This was one of those movies where you could tell that it was going to be crap in the first 5 minutes. With that being said, we didn't finish watching it. But, what we did watch, sucked. So, I give this a 3/10.

The Cottage

This movie, like so many others, flew under the radar. And like a lot of those movies, it was pretty good. It starts out kind of sketchy, then turns completely around. I definitely recommend this to any and all. It's worth the watch. I give it a 8/10.

The Grudge 3

To me, this was by far the best of the Grudge films. It had a good story that was easy to follow and it shined a lot of light on what the previous two films left behind. If you're a fan of the Grudge films, then you'll definitely like this one. I give it a 8/10

I think that's all I have for now. Look for more in the near future. Peace...

-Megan

Song of the day: D'Yer Mak'er by Led Zeppelin

No comments: