I wish that I had duck feet...

It's so sad, because I honestly don't remember much of what happened yesterday. I worked my ass off over the weekend, so I guess I was kind of in stand by mode all day Monday. Fine by me, less for me to have to remember to blog about. I'm sure if anything of substance happened, I would remember.

Oh well, I'm not going to obsess about what did or didn't happen yesterday and talk about what happened just a short while ago. And that was... introducing the ducks! Instead of giving the adult ducks free roam -- like every other day -- we decided to pin them up in the back of the chicken coop and introduce the younger ducks one by one.

Surprisingly enough, ducks aren't the easiest critters to introduce to one another. They could not despise and detest each other more. There was chasing, attempted drowning, feather pulling... it was a spectacle. We let them co-mingle for a good 30 minutes before we set the big ducks free. I suppose we'll try our luck tomorrow.

After we put the the ducks, chickens, and turkeys up for the night, fed the cats, the dog, and the gliders, we decided to treat ourselves toe dump cookies. I know we're not the only ones that do this -- it has to be common practice nowadays. We took your basic bag of chocolate chip cookies, added granola, mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips, and reeces pieces to the mix to make a delectable treat. And that they were!

After my sweet fix, I managed to nab some pictures of all the joeys. Petra's (Charli's little ringtail girl) new mom has been dying for pictures of her with her eyes open -- I can relate, so I made sure to get some. I also got some of Kira's twin girls, Avery and Harper. They are SO cute! I can't wait until their eyes open and they fur up more.

I'm hoping to have more peaceful and relaxing days like today this week. I love when I have a certain amount of days off in a row and don't have to drive anywhere other than the local convenience stores. Until tomorrow...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Introducing the ducks, part one:




This gorgeous Saxony duck (Breann) was the first to meet the older ducks, because she's the biggest.


"La te da, they don't see me!"


"Oh snap, maybe they do!"



Then we added Cersei, the female Welshie.

Tyrion (all the way in the back) does not approve!

They're all quite sickened, actually.

Harley is standing his ground, though.


A pond divided.

Kenneth (The Hound) doesn't approve either.



Beautiful Robb and Jon, the two hens, lol.

Cersei, Jamie, Breann, Podrick, Drogo, and Daenerys are all having such a lovely day.


They're outta here!

There it is!

It's hideous!

LaVaughn trying to feed Roue, now called Tig.

"I don't know, are your hands clean?"

"Okay, I trust you."

Camille already knows where the food is.

Dump cookie mix! Nom!

Here's little Petra...











And Avery...











And Harper...











No comments: