Goodbye white horse...

We were in need of a few items for dinner, so we decided that, instead of going all the way to town, we would just shop at our local grocery store. And when I say grocery store, I mean glorified with convenience store less items than an actual convenience store. BUT, they do have a deli, which was the main reason for our venture.

Since that is the one and only store in all of Des Arc, all 153 residents just had to be there at the same time. When things like this happen, we just drive down old county roads, or to the graveyard, whichever we're feeling at the time. We opted for the road this time.

We were about a mile in, when out of the corner of my, I saw a flash of white! This white ball ended up stopping just at the edge of the road, only long enough for me to see that it was an albino squirrel! Something I've NEVER seen in person people. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen an albino anything in the wild before. I quickly grabbed for the camera, but the squirrel was no where to be found. I talked about it for a good 10 minutes, just to make sure that LaVaughn knew exactly what it was... I think she got the idea.

On our way back -- in almost the exact same spot -- we saw it again! This time, we were ready for it. LaVaughn somehow managed to grab one picture of it as it was sitting there, then one as it was running off -- which is completely unrecognizable.

So yes, the albino squirrel is captured for all of eternity!

I couldn't help but stop and take pictures of the roadside flowers. LaVaughn made her way back to the car, but I hung around for another 5 minutes taking repetitive pictures. In my defense, it was a new road with new scenery. At least I don't have the same boring pictures from around the yard to share. :)

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's the albino squirrel! Or leucustic squirrel, not really sure. 

And some more pictures from the drive...





There was a spider there too... do you see it? Shutter!


Spectacular lighting today.






Cattails!


Another bug!

It's sad how much I love finding bugs to photograph.





Beautiful, white roadside flowers.





No comments: