A journey home...

Well we made it back from our journey to Festus in one piece! I feel like I've been rode hard and put away wet at the moment, but I'm hoping some coffee will soon fix that. It still amazes me how much a drive can take away from you. I seriously feel like I just worked a 12 hour shift on 3 hours of sleep.

Poor Lynsie had to drive on down to Festus from STL (where she was shipping 7 gliders of her own) because a flight she was waiting on with a glider she was getting got delayed from 11:45 AM to 6:30 PM! I felt so bad for her! So even after we met her at 1, she still had over 5 hours to wait. Not to mention a 3 hour drive back home... I feel for her.

LaVaughn and I stood in the parking lot and talked to her for a good 10 minutes before we parted ways. She held Kili (now Mischief) the whole time, then handed us our toys and we were on our way.

Not before making a quick run into Joann's, of course. Unfortunaly, there wasn't really anything worth buying. I mean, there's ALWAYS something worth buying, but nothing that stood out enough to drop money on. All of their fleece was on sale for $5.99 a yard, which is pretty cheap, but they have better. We did end up getting some pink flannel for our Critter Nation cage -- liners, that is. We also grabbed a bottle of coconut lotion, then we were on our way.

I think we must have passed 50 different fireworks stands on the way home, 40 of which I wanted to stop at, none of which I did... sad face. We'll probably end up going back to Fredericktown to pick up a few last minute things before Friday.

I sure hope Kili is being a good boy for her. I can't help but worry if they're going to be little crabby dicks or not. She said he had calmed down -- he was crabbing in the mall a lot -- so that's good. I hope he really settles down by the time she gets home so that she can play with him.

Now we only have 3 more to part with. I'm sad to see them go, but I'll be glad when it's done. These 4 joeys are all over the place, it's exhausting.

Speaking of joeys, Chloe has one, possibly two joeys IP. I know she for sure has one, because I felt and saw it. I'm pretty sure I felt one above it a little, but I'm not 100%. Only time will tell.

Well, I'm freaking exhausted and still have loads of things to do before I can call it a day. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

All our awesome sugar glider toys from Lynsie at Lucky You Gliders:



Chow time for the kitties:







The duckies:


And lastly, the flannel we picked up for the ratties:


No comments: