A tour of the town...

We had SO much to do and see in Fredericktown today, I feel like there was no block left un-turned! We had to take Pip back to the vet today, which I was the most important thing on our list. We made it there nearly 30 minutes early and got taken back not 10 minutes later. We explained what was going on with him, that he had some type of builld-up on his teeth, and how he acted when he ate. We new he was getting sedated today, but it still wasn't easy to have him taken away from us, not knowing what was happening to him.

After they had been back there maybe 10 minutes or so, the vet came to the room and asked us to come back to the operating room. Low and behold, there was nothing there! She showed us his mouth and that there wasn't anything significantly wrong -- which was good, don't get me wrong -- I just hated that she didn't find the source of what was causing all of his problems. She said he had a mild case of gingivitis and a tiny cyst on his lip.

He's now on stronger antibiotics for another 2 weeks...

LaVaughn did pluck up the courage to ask the vet a very serious and interesting question before we left. Since we've been 'patients' there for quite a while now, we thought she might be okay with us standing in on a neuter, which she is! The real kicker... we get to record it!! I'm beyond stoked about this! We're probably going to do it with Declan and Neal, they're the most docile and (hopefully) will do the best.

Since we didn't (thankfully) break the bank at the vet, we decided to go spend the remainder of our money on fireworks!!! Not really of course, but we did spend a decent amount. It was the first time I had been in Barefoot Village since I was like 12 -- it was awesome! I seriously felt like a kid in a candy store, it was surreal.

While we were in the middle of checking out, the little check out girl was like, "What size shirt would you like?" In a shocked voice, I replied, "Oh, we get a shirt?" Apparently after you spend so much, you get a free shirt... obviously. She then added, "But you have to hold it up so I can get a picture of you with it!" Of course I had to have my picture taken when I was hot, disheveled, and looking a complete mess. And the cherry on top... it's on the wall of whatever down there.

I still want to strangle LaVaughn for tucking tails and leaving me.

After we finished up there, we went to the store to grab a few things. It's very rare that we make it to Fredericktown anymore, so if possible, we take advantage of the slighting larger markets they have to offer. Then after that, grabbed a bite to eat and headed home.

Now I'm exhausted and not looking forward to work tomorrow. Sigh...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The fireworks loot:

Una approves.


Here's everything. I feel as if we need a little more.

And now a couple pictures from today that I snagged from my Instagram:

Yes, we had a basket sitting inside our cart.

Poor Pip and Sadie at the vet.

No comments: