I left my heart in San Francisco...

I decided to take advantage of the lighting today and took took pictures of the joeys nearly as soon as I woke up. Of course, I had to have my 'morning' coffee first. Since LaVaughn was busy filling out important insurance documents, I didn't even bother to ask for her help -- not that she does much, other than holding the bonding pouches.

The lighting could have been a teeny tiny bit brighter, but I worked with it.

It's so weird to have 3 joeys going to 3 separate people around the same time. We have Kili, who's going to live in the northern part of Illinois. Lucian, who's going to live in Virginia, and his brother, Lestat, who's going to live in Wisconsin. It's VERY stressful! Poor little Fili doesn't have a home yet, he's still looking.

I know this isn't something I talk about much -- mainly because I don't like talking about it -- so I suppose I should address it today. You remember when we took Sally to the vet a few weeks ago for the lump on her face? Well after her 2 weeks of antibiotics were up, the lump kind of stopped growing and started to split off her face. Disgusting, I know.

The day after we noticed it was splitting off, it was kind of just hanging there by a few strands of hair. That's when we took it upon ourselves to cut it off. It was actually really clean, there wasn't too much exposing flesh or anything. We ended up putting her in a cage by herself for a couple days and applied Vetericyn 2 times a day.

A few days after that, it started to close up. We were shocked, but too scared to get excited about it. As of right now, it's basically just a scar. There is a tiny lump where her original lump was, which scares the crap outta me, but I keep trying to tell myself it's just scar tissue. Of course, I know deep down that it's probably the ZGT, but one can hope.

We're just happy that the lump she has is gone and that she's acting just like herself. We're praying that it stays away and she doesn't have to go through the process of a ZGT.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Fili















Kili















Lucian
















Lestat
















A spider that was directly above my head:

Fat little tick spider.


And my day wouldn't be complete without mating bugs:




Or a spread eagle cat:



No comments: