When it rains it pours...

We were all lined up to get Cas neutered today, but quickly had to cancel his appointment in hopes of getting Pip seen in his place.

I noticed that Pip was eating his yoggies awfully weird Friday evening when I was trimming his nails, but I just blew it off as him shoving too much into his mouth at one time, which he's known for. Well yesterday when I was feeding random treats, I noticed that he was doing it again, only much worse. That's when I went into panic mode.

I got him out for an evaluation, upon which I found something very strange looking at the bottom of his front teeth. It almost looked like a little infection pocket. I started freaking out! I immediately called the vet, canceled Cas' appointment and asked if they could see Pip in his place, which they could.

I had to swing by work before we could start towards the vet to pick up my check. Luckily, I didn't have to do a time check -- that takes FOREVER! We made it to the vet with nearly 30 minutes to spare and got called back within 5 minutes.

The vet tech got him out and held him while the vet looked around in his mouth. She ended up busting whatever type of infection pocket he had in there and scraped a bunch of gunk out. He was not happy about this, but did splendidly. By the time it was all over, the poor little guy was covered in blood. Well, I say covered, but he just had it on his face, chin, and neck. Which is a lot, considering how small he is.

She gave us some type of antibiotic to give him once a day for 2 weeks. She said if that didn't clear him up he'll have to be brought back and be sedated... not fun.

After we left the vets we decided to stop by our aunt Evaon's house, someone we haven't seen in forever! Even though it only seemed like 30 minutes, we were there for nearly 2 hours! I couldn't believe it! But, there was lot of rehashing to be had, so it was time well spent.

After that we went to the store, then off to Hardee's to grab a bite to eat. I couldn't believe it, but we actually managed to find a papaya at Walmart. We got the biggest one the had and made out like bandits on the price. It was a good day.

And that brings me to now. Pip has been given his meds, the gliders, cats, kittens, dog, and ducks have all been fed. Now it's time to rest.

Love & Peace

-Megan

This was the only picture I took of him at the vets. It was taken on the phone, so it's not the best.

Here are some pictures from the past couple days:

New Vetericyn!!

The kitty condo.

The kittens:


















This is Jasper, the cutest kitten ever!


Look at those little grubs!

Look at all of the sleeping kittens!! <3 br="">




A beautiful rainbow from our drive home today:





No comments: