You can‘t judge a movie without a rating…

Well, well, well. Three days in a row. That has to be a new record fro me. But I couldn’t go a day longer without telling you this… I haven’t been rating the movies! Why oh why have I done such a thing? I should be punished. Well, I guess I’ll start here.

Last month I told all of you that we got to see The Last House on the Left. And again, it was a truly great movie. So much better than the original. You can hardly tell it’s a remake. Other than the fact that most of the names are the same. Anyway, I think I would give it a 8.5/10. That seems suitable. It was really so awesome. So if it’s still playing in a theater near you, then I suggest you see it ASAP.

Before I get into all the movies that we’ve bought at Hastings recently. I must tell you about Resident Evil 5. As usual, we got it the day it came out. But we didn’t play it a whole lot that day. And I’m sure that most of you know that it’s a co-op game like the ever grateful Left 4 Dead. This game informs you about a lot of history on the Resident Evil game series. But for people like us, we already knew. Cause we’ve followed RE ever since The Mansion. But anyway. The game play resembles that of RE 4. Only a lot more color and lighting changes hit you in 5. Not that it’s a bad thing though. I guess Capcom wanted a more realistic feel. The game centers around a small town in Africa where you (Chris Redfield) meet your partner (Sheva Alomar) that sticks with you throughout the entire game. Together the two of you face loads and loads of new enemies. The game play is pretty realistic. It kept me entertained. But it is no easy task. Whenever we first played we were lost. It’s a little hard to get used to the new keys. Unless you played RE 4 up until the day you got RE 5. But it gets easier, I promise. We only played for like 30 minutes the first day. Then like 3 or 4 days later we played a lot more. And then we played every night up until the very end. So if you’ve never played this before and are planning on getting it, then prepare yourself. I suggest you grab a friend cause it is super hard on your own. But I think you will like it in the long run. Especially if you love zombie games as much as we do. So I think I’m going to give RE 5 a 7.5/10.

Ok, now I’m going to start with Feast 3. I know I didn’t mention this one in my earlier blogs, but I have to review it. It’s just way too cool to skip. We always knew that there was going to be a part 3. We just didn’t realize it would be so soon. Until one day we were browsing around on amazon.com and noticed it at the bottom of the page. We were like flipping out. So we ordered it. And then a couple days after that I was looking at our credit card transactions and noticed that there was way too much that had been charged. So I went back to amazon.com and looked at our order forum and noticed that somehow we had ordered two copies of Feast 3. I contacted the seller and told him about the problem. But he was like, “It’s already been shipped.” and that was pretty much it. But anyway. The movies starts exactly where the second one left off. Which I think is just awesome. And somehow the majority of the cast is still alive. Who you ask? Well that’s for you to find out. So please, got to the video store and rent it. Or buy it, either way. But I must warn you, it’s out there. Way out there.. But I like that about it. I would have to give it at least a 8.5/10. And I also noticed that in our earlier blog I gave Feast a 9/10 and Feast 2 a 8/10. Well I wanna change that a little. I wanna give Feast a 8.5/10 and Feast 2 a 9/10. Sorry for the mess up.

Now for the rest of the movies. I don’t really know if I want to rate all of them. Just a few of my faves. Like Funny Games. That movie was the s***. It has Michael Pitt (Bully, Last Days), Naomi Watts (The Ring, King Kong), and Tim Roth (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction). I’m not going to go into all the details or anything. But do recommend this movie. It was so good. We first watched it on HBO but later got it at Hastings. It is so awesome. I would have to give it at least an 8/10. Ok, now for The Day The Earth Stood Still. This movie was pretty good overall. I mean come on, it has Keanu Reeves in it. How bad can it be. I can’t really compare it to the old one considering I’ve never seen it. But I will in the future. After all, we did get ti free with the new one. So if you’re into sci-fi and all that good stuff. Then this is the movie for you. I think I’m going to give it a 7/10. Hmm, what next? Ok, how about Otis. This movie was so good. One of the best I’ve seen in a while actually. It looks like it would be cheaply made, but oh no. It has Illeana Douglas (Goodfellas, Stir of Echoes), Daniel Stern (Home Alone, City Slickers), and Kevin Pollak (The Whole Nine Yards, Hostage). A pretty good lineup if you ask me. It’s mostly about a guy that kidnaps girls and keeps then in his basement. He tries to re-live his high school years by dressing them up like cheerleaders and dressing himself up as a football player. It a really good comedy/thriller. I think anyone with a since of humor would like it. I’m going to give it a 8/10. And last but not least, the original Last House on the Left. It was pretty good. I love movies that were filmed in the 70s. They just look classy. But it has nothing on the remake. But it is nice to have. So I’m sure that most of you have seen this cult classic. But if not, then you should pick yourself up a copy. Cause it’ll be nice to have when the new one comes out. I guess I would give it a 6.5/10.

Well folks, thanks again for reading. I’ll rate more when we get new movies. So I’ll probably be blogging tomorrow as well, lol. So peace out you groovy hipsters. Keep rockin hard until next time.

- Megan

Song of the day: Young Men Dead by The Black Angels

No comments: