Country road, take me home...

Well it's official... just got back from Kentucky with our BOYS!!! OMG, you have NO idea how excited we are. I seriously never though we were going to be able to get them, considering we didn't have the money for a drive down to Arkansas. I'm just beyond excited!!

And believe it or not, we made it there just fine. There was one time that we though we had made a wrong turn, but we didn't. The people of Kentucky really need to work on fixing their road signs. Mainly because they have none! Half of the time you just had to guess what street you were on. That part definitely didn't make the drive any easier, lol.

I had found a gas station right off of the road that we were coming in on. I text Bourbon and asked if she would meet us there and she said yes. We were stoked about that! But then when we got there, she told us to just come on down to Taco Bell and meet them there. We were basically screwed, considering we didn't have GPS and just had to guess.

By the time we found the place -- 30 minutes later, I might add -- we had driven all the way into the heart of Paducah, then all the way back to I24 and down another exit. It was rough! Luckily, we eventually found the place.

Bourbon was so laid back and mellow about everything, it was nice meeting her. I love meeting glider people. I stood and talked with her for probably 15 minutes before we all decided to leave. She seriously awesome though, and not just because she met us with our boys, she's a cool person. And I even got a hug from her! Win!

As soon as I laid eyes on Tyler, our little mo boy, I was in LOVE! He's SO beautiful and SO unbelievably sweet! It blows my mind! I can't wait until he's settled in so that I can wool the shit out of him, lol.

Boone is kind of a little crab, but sweet. He really seems to like LaVaughn. I know for a fact that she LOVES him, lol. She wanted a leu for as long as I can remember. She held her hand in the bonding pouch with him the entire way home. He even licked her and fell asleep in her hand!!

For some reason, my aunt got a huge kick out of the fact that we drove all the way back to Piedmont before we ate. And of course, we stopped at McDonald's. Go figure. We were wanting to eat at Jack in the Box, but couldn't find one, so just decided to wait. But hey, at least we can trust the people here. ;)

LaVaughn and I have been watching Lawless and The Hatfields and McCoys lately, so it was hard driving into Kentucky and not imagining that we were bootlegging moonshine, lol. Especially when we hit Billard county! I know that's random, but I had to share.

And now were home.. it's past time for some much needed R&R. Why does driving take so much out of a person? I feel like I've ran a marathon, lol. Well, until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Leaving Missouri:



No idea what this tower it.

Look closely to the left...

Entering Illinois, while crossing the Mississippi River:




Barge on the Mississippi.



A ghost town in Illinois:




Deserted movie theater.

Apocalyptic town.

Entering Kentucky, crossing the Ohio River:




Spooky bridge!


Barges on the Ohio River.

Headed home...








Abandoned bridge.


It's spooky that there were no cars.


OUR BOYS!!

Our new mosaic and leucistic sugar gliders!!


Tyler is a beauty!

As is Boone.








I just love them to death!! <3 p="">

No comments: