In the words of Marvin Gaye...

I know the song is actually called 'What's Goin' On', but this is more like a 'What's been going on' post, which is what it is. Basically it's me giving you up to date information on what's happen in my life right now.

I'd like to start with the fact that I have a terrible infection/inflammation of some type on the tip of my index finger, which makes even typing hard. It started bugging me yesterday at work, but it's much worse today. And swollen! Man it's so swollen! Of course, I went into panic mode and looked at the desirable and inevitable -- Web MD. So now, of course, I'm scared to death that I have a terrible infection in my finger that's going to have to be drained. I'm also scared that if I don't get to the doctor in time I'll lose my finger.

LaVaughn tells me that it's just an ingrown nail, which I'm hoping it is. With that being said, I'm taking a course of antibiotics that my mom gave me some time back. I'm also going to get some Epsom salt tomorrow and start soaking it. This is going to make for a very painful work day tomorrow.

My uncle desperately wanted us to go to Thee Abbey with them today for dinner. Since we're nice, we said yes. I really, really didn't want to go -- considering we needed to sew -- but I know he would go some place if we wanted him to go. He loves to have family meals and do family things outside of the house... we're polar opposites. That's part of his charm, though.

So anyways, Thee Abbey (I think it should be The and not Thee) was a decent establishment. It's set up in the old Arcadia Valley Academy, which gives it charm and character, but not enough to win me over. I would much rather visit the place for one of their tours as opposed to the food. Now don't get me wrong, they have good food -- don't ever order the lemonade, it's terrible! -- there's just something odd about the entire experience.

We did get an ice cream from the ice cream parlor that's right across the hall from the dining area. All of their ice cream is homemade... they did not disappoint. All of their food is homemade for that mater, which makes their not so good service a smidge better.

Now I'm going to transition from eating to gliders. I'm not going to try and beat around the bush when I say this, but LaVaughn and I are selling our creme girls. They haven't warmed up to us in the months that we've had them, and we've tried everything! We've talked about it a lot and feel it's best for everyone involved. The bright side of all this is that they're going to Doug and Kyan, two of our best friends and some of the best glider owners I know. I honestly couldn't ask for a better home for them. They're dedicated and have time, they'll be able to work with them.

While I'm on the subject of gliders... we may be adding a new glider to our brood. I know, getting rid of two and adding another! It's madness, but this would be the last joey we ever adopted from Tracy, as she's getting out of breeding -- owning gliders all together, actually. The little guy we may or may not be getting is a BFBB (Black Face Black Beauty) boy. He's unbelievably cute and she's cutting us one hell of a deal, I kid you not.

I'm not going to say much else, as I don't want to jinx anything, so I'll leave it at that. I'm also going to leave you with 70+ pictures of sugar gliders... and joeys. Hope you enjoy!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Ever and Saoirse:
















Pietro
















Wanda
















Jeremy
















Elena
















My absolute favorite bonding pouch ever:


And lastly, Bart:



No comments: