Pain in my heart...

It's been a long 4 days since my last blog. So much has taken place, yet so little. I'll start with Sunday, which was host to the main even of the past week. We -- when I say "we" I mean me -- met up with Connie at Joann's in Festus just after 4. Surprisingly enough, she was ahead of schedule! I handed over Marcus (now Momo) and stood with her for well over 30 minutes talking and waiting on Doug and Kyan.

Since she couldn't wait much longer, she decided to leave around 4:45.

I was burning up from standing out in the 90 degree heat for what seemed like an hour, so I jumped in the car and blasted the AC. I messaged Doug and Kyan for the next 5 minutes before they finally showed up -- almost 30 minutes late, I might add. As soon as they got there we jumped in the backseat and started trimming their gliders nails, which took no time. Their babies are so sweet, but 3 out of 4 of them came from us, so I didn't expect much less.

Doug played with all 4 joeys while we clipped nails, then we decided to head into Joann's 45 minutes before they closed. We walked around in there, talking and discussing fleece the entire time. Well, up until 10 minutes before they closed. They didn't have too many fleece sales going on, but they did have a massive sale on no-sew throws -- 60% off!! We ended up leaving with 4 throws and a pack of needles for $31. MAJOR steal! I had an additional 20% off coupon which helped lower the price even more. So unbelievably awesome!

We ended the day by standing out in the parking lot for 30 minutes or so. Mainly talking to Doug, Kyan was far too preoccupied with his phone, but that's nothing new.

It was a bittersweet day, despite the fact that it was a good day. I loved seeing the boys, meeting Connie, and shopping for fleece. Parting with the girls and Marcus is what was hard. They're in good hands, though, especially the girls.

Feeding the gliders was weird Sunday night. No 8th food dish, no extra food in Chloe and Boone's cage, it was weird. It was also weird to not hear the girls scream their heads off when I walked within 10 feet of their cage. It's sad, but I know it's for the best.

I tried to take a quick few pictures of the joeys Friday, which was a complete and utter fail! I took them with the "nifty fifty" inside of a harsh orange pouch and they just turned out awful! So awful that I'm not even going to bother uploading them here or on Facebook. Not to worry, I managed to take more today, some that are worth uploading.

Since we may be getting a BFBB boy, we're going to hang on to Kira and Logan's little girl, Elena. Of course, she'll be renamed if she stays here. Her brother is still available, as well as Charli and Tyler's little WTMO boy. I've had 3 different people interested in him, but nothing permanent. I always worry that they'll never find homes, but I guess that goes along with breeding.

I can't think of anything else right now. all I can think of is The Sims, which I'm currently trying to play. I'm a multitasking pro, I can do both. ;)

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some pictures of the rat boys from Friday:



















The last pictures I took of Marcus with the camera Sunday:



And now for today's joey pictures...

Pietro



















Wanda



















Jeremy



















Elena




















No comments: