Rat snacks and a fond farewell...

Well yesterday was an eventful day. We finally mustered up enough courage to re-home our lovebirds and, wait for it... their 3 new BABIES! I know I never blogged about it, but I didn't want to say anything because we had already planned on getting rid of them so it just saved a lot of typing that would eventually be for nothing. The babies were over a month old, so they were big! There was 2 pied and 1 green. They were cute, but we never handled them.

I had been talking to a lady about them for the past couple weeks. She seemed fairly normal, so I finally agreed to meet her around 4:30 yesterday in Park Hills. Well I was planing on going alone, but I stopped by my aunts before I left and she said she'd ride up with me, which was cool. Long story short, my aunt and I met the lady and she took the birds. It's kind of sad, but I think it will pass. And hey, there are 5 less birds in the house now.

In happier news... yesterday was also spoil your rats with loads of food day, so we did just that. We had some left over fish sticks in the fridge and some mashed potatoes from dinner, so that paired with lots and lots of peas makes for a stellar rat snack. You can tell from the pictures below that they didn't mind one bit!

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: The Gambler by Kenny Rogers

Here are some pics from a couple days ago:

 This is one of many "peep holes" in their hut, lol.

 It's a tad on the dilapidated side.

 Oy vey, why much rats chew so much?

 As you can see, Evan really wanted out.

 "Pretty please?"

 "Look at my cute little face, how can you say no?"

 Jonah, scowling in the corner.

 Mean rat alert! He's really. A rapist, but sweet all the same, lol.

 Charlie doing what he does best... sleeping and airing out his balls.

 What a bum, lol.

Now for the pics from yesterday:

 See their glorious meal...

 Jonah was definitely loving it.

 Evan, not so much. He wanted out more than anything.

 "Yes Evan, stay over there so I can have all the peas to myself."

 Evan decided food was more important than getting out.

 So important that he had to stand in the food, lol.



 Jonah always looks so mean! Even when he's being innocent and eating...

 Evan is such a ham.

 Time for some rat rape, lol.


 "What did you call me?"

 "I know you didn't call me a rapist!"

 Then Evan plasters himself to the door as soon as I close it.

 Another shot of their even more dilapidated hut.

 It's completely hideous now.

I think it's time for a new one, lol.

No comments: