My Turkey Day Blog... (60+ pictures included)

Not only is today a day of feasting, but it's also a day of giving thanks, which I think everyone should do. Did you have a nice dinner today? Then in my opinion, you have something to be thankful for.

Anyway... I rolled out of bed around noon today and decided to get ready to head to my aunts. LaVaughn got up around the same time, so we both got ready and was on our way. As soon as we walked in the door, we were put to work peeling potatoes, lol. Small price to pay, considering she made all the food. Minus the gravy and stove top dressing. We get a little credit too!

I try not to eat a whole bunch during dinner. To me, left overs make the meal. Which I'll be eating in about 45 minutes or so. All in all, it was a good day. I still can help but feel sad at the empty seats that were once filled with people I love and miss.

I guess that concludes my Turkey Day blog. Remember, there are people out there that have no warm home to go to today, no family to tell them Happy Thanksgiving wile giving them a welcoming hug and no full tummies tonight like yourselves. So please, take a moment to look around at everything that you have to be thankful for and try not to take it for granted. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Just Dropped In by Kenny Rogers & The First Edition

Here are the pics:

 Here's pointing at you, friend, lol.

 "Now what button to I push again?"

 Potatoes boiling.

 Sweet potatoes with white and brown sugar... classy.

 Turkey stock!

 Stove top dressing. My signature dish, lol.

 Dinner rolls.

 Oven dressing? At least I think that's what it's called, lol.

 Mashed potatoes.

 Cauliflower salad with green olives (my favorite).

 Deviled eggs.

 The cutting of the ham...  :)

 Such uniformed slices.

 The Thanksgiving bird.

 Cauliflower salad with black olives... yuck! But very pretty. 

 The feeding station, lol.

 A better view.

 Miss Sharon carving the turkey.

 Punk ass Gene torturing his wife with the camera.

 Look at her expression, she knows she's being photographed.

 The carved ham.

 Side view of the food set-up.

 Pecan pie.

 Apple pie.

 The crumbled pecan pie, lol.

 "Where's the pie?"

 "Two please!"

 Gotta have some ice cream.

 "Nom, nom, nom! Time for pie!"

 Gees, look at that face!

 Can't you just see how much he loves being photographed? :O)

 My apple pie with whipped topping.

 I love the way this photo turned out.

 "Do I have something on my face?"

 Deer in the headlights, lol.

 It's like he wants to murder me, lol.

 Love this shot.

 This one was actually his idea.

 Playing with the macro.

 Gotta love the salt and pepper shaker!

 I love how I caught his flash.

 A man in the kitchen doing dishes... that's what I like to see. :)

 His kicks.

The next group of pictures are of the horse trailer that the two of them are re-doing. He worked on it the majority of the day and got a decent amount done. Here's what it looks like so far:








And like any other day, I had to stop and get some scenic pics after I ate. But with lighting like today, how could I not? The past few days have been so dreary, cold and just plain gross, I just had to take advantage. I don't think they turned out too bad. Have a look for yourself:


















No comments: