Saying goodbye to old faithful...


Before you get too upset, I'm not talking about a person - it's a car. Not just any car, though. My sister and I have had this car for nearly 7 years! I think I was 17 when we got this car and were only it's 3rd owners. It was a 1992 Mercury Tracer. If you calculate that correctly, this car is over 20 years old! It was only around 14 years old when we got it, but it was in fantastic shape! I think it only had around 60,000 miles on it or something like that.

Anyways, the car hasn't been drivable for months and months, so it's just sat in the drive getting sun damage and rusting. We talked about just selling it or having someone come get it for a while, but kept holding off. My aunt told us about this auto salvage place in town that would pick the car up for free. Not to mention they would give us $300 for it. She told us this like two months ago, but I just now worked up the courage to call them and have them come get it.

I know most of you may think it's stupid to get upset over some car, but when you've had a car for as long as we have, you start to get mildly attached. I think I'm more attached to the memories that I have in the car than anything else. I even took my driving test in this car! Ugh, I hate sentimental things, makes me feel like a wuss. And on that note, I'm out.

Please enjoy the last photos of the car that will ever be taken...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the last photos of our car:























No comments: