Rondo Alla Turca...

It finally came today! After just a few short days, my Mendini violin finally arrived! I had so much excitement going through my mind at the time, I didn't even bother to turn the computer on for almost 2 hours after I woke up.

Everything was intact and accounted for when I opened the violin case. The strings were all in place, the bridge was up, and everything seemed to be in working order. Unfortunately, the rosin they sent is a piece of broken crap. It's cracked all to hell and barely usable. After about 10-15 minutes of putting rosin on the bow, I finally got it to make some sound. Not necessarily a good sound, but sound all the same.

The tuner they sent is nice, but semi-complicated. I'm not too familiar with metronome tuners, so it took some time getting used to it. After figuring that out, I was finally able to start tuning the violin! This was no easy task, especially considering every time I would get a cord tuned, the peg would slip causing it to go right back out of tune. I think it took me an hour to get them in the right key, even though they were both sharp and/or flat.

I gave up after a couple hours and decided to call it a day. As much as I love the violin, it's not what I expected. It could be that I have absolutely NO idea what I'm dealing with, but it could also be due to the fact that it's a very, very cheaply made violin. I mean, I knew I was taking a chance buying a violin online to begin with, but I figured the quality would be a teeny bit better.

Oh well. You win some, you loose some.

Okay, well, I guess that's all for now. Today has been a pretty boring day, aside from the violin arriving. So, I guess that's all. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Well, here it is:


The entire violin set-up.

The metronome tuner.

Shoulder rest.

And the actual violin.

No comments: