In the key of G...

I had ample amount of time to blog yesterday before I headed off to work, but I couldn't bring myself to. Blogging is something I like to do from home, whist staying at home.. if that makes any sense, lol. I've never been the type of person that likes being able to sit at home for a few hours before having to leave for work. I like to literally roll out of bed and into the car.

Anyways, it's time to talk about things I forgot to talk about on Monday's blog!

And I will start with all the fleece we bought from Joann's! At first, we really only had intentions of buying a half yard of lime green fleece for LaVaughn (to match a skull fleece we have), but ended up leaving with 5 half yards. We've been talking with a lady that makes bonding pouches and she agreed to us sending her the fleece and her making the pouches for the astonishing low price of... $8!

We had 4 different patterns and solids at home (minus the green for the skulls) and found the other two Sunday. I'm SO excited to get some new, flat laying pouches. We're tempted to order 8, but we'll probably stick to 6 for now. We're both like mildly obsessed with bonding pouches, lol.

Taylor blessed us with a scale Sunday during our little meeting. She has one that she's used forever, then her boss ended up buying her a new one for Christmas, which is the one she gave us. Since it's a cup style scale, it freaked her gliders out because they weren't used to it. Luckily, our guys were completely content in it as long as they had a yoggie.

We managed to get every single glider weighed Monday, which is now our weighing day. Thank you Taylor and this awesome re-gift that will keep on giving!

I still feel so exhausted from work yesterday. It seems like when I have shorter shifts, they work me harder. Then I can work an 8 hour shift and not feel a thing. I don't guess it helped that I had a new pair of shoes one. They were murder on my feet! I know my old shoes are a piece of shit now, but I think I'm going to resort to them before Saturday.

As soon as I got home last night, I finished filing my 2013 taxes through TurboTax, thanks to a friend from work recommending it. I was a little hesitant to use it at first, considering it's taxes... and online! Luckily, everything went fairly smooth and it says everything was filed.

Now, if everything works out, LaVaughn and I are getting new computers when the checks come! I'm so pumped! It's been nearly 3 years since we got the computers we use now. I found an awesome Toshiba through Best Buy (I think?) for just under $300. It has awesome features with a 2.39 GHz Processor, which is what we look for in a computer. Now lets just hope they're still available in a couple weeks!

Speaking of making a sound investment, I think I may have found the violin I'm going to buy! It's called Mendini. I know, fancy right? After watching my favorite online violin tutor review the violin I was looking at, it pretty much set in stone now. It's by no means a professional violin, it's a cheap starter violin. If this is something I get into and can actually play, then I'll invest in a better instrument. I'm SO excited to give this a try!

And before I go, I'd like to give a quick update on the boys, who are doing wonderfully in their new home. Taylor has been spoiling them non-stop and they're settling in just fine. I really had no worries that they would, Taylor is the bestest glider owner! Hopefully this time next year they'll be having little ones of their own.

I suppose that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Unfortunately, I don't think I have any photos to share. If I find some on my phone, I'll edit this and add them at a later time. 

No comments: