Yertle the turtle...

I honestly can't believe what I'm about to tell you... We WON a Facebook drawing!!

This fabulous little diamond in the rough called, Bella Glass, held a drawing a couple weeks ago for one of their handmade blown glass gems! Well, it's actually a turtle, but just as beautiful as any gem I've ever seen. The turtles, among many other beauties, are these gorgeous blown glass necklaces that they sell on their website listed here. They also have a Facebook page.

Turtles are just one of few of their awesome handmade creations. My personal favorites are the dragon eyes! LaVaughn and I are contemplating ordering one of their shamrock and smoke necklaces.

I still can't believe that we won. We never win anything like this! I was shocked when I looked at their page to see who the winner was (there were 4) and saw our name listed. So exciting! I can't wait to get it and see it in person! I'm sure the pictures don't do them justice.

I'm sure you now get why I used a Dr. Suess title. Not only does it fit, but Yertle The Turtle is actually one of my favorite Suess stories. Next to Green Eggs and Ham, of course.

I've actually been kind of a bum today. I did managed to cut out a set that desperately needs to be sewn tomorrow. I'm sure it's new owner doesn't want to wait much longer on it. And before that, I cut out a new pouch pattern! Over the years, we've trimmed little bits and pieces of it away. It's almost too small to use anymore.

I know I'm not much for movie reviews anymore, but I HAVE to talk about 12 Years A Slave! Talk about a stellar cast lineup! It's not necessarily the cast -- even though they were magnificent -- that made the movie as amazing as it was, the story itself is the focal point. I can't believe this is a true story, even though I knew such horrendous crimes took place during the slavery era. To hear something from Solomon's point of view was heart wrenching and sad. A MUST see movie! No joke.

And now I end with a line from a fabulous fellow, a man with great talent who's stories I bellow... See how I made that work?

My absolute favorite part of Yertle the Turtle:

"And the turtles, of course... all the turtles are free
As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."

Love & Peace

-Megan

An example of the beautiful, hand blown glass turtles that are made by Bella Glass.
Can't wait to see what ours looks like!

No comments: