Whiteout!

I still can't believe we made it home in one piece yesterday.I think I may have mentioned that we were planing on meeting up with Taylor Sunday (yesterday), but there's a good chance I didn't. Well long story short, we met Taylor yesterday in Festus with her boys, Pax and Xander.

It was another bittersweet departure for us, but it did help that Taylor brought Kilani to keep my mind at ease. I don't think I've every loved another person's glider as much as I love her. She's just so chubby, soft, and round... it makes me sick -- in a good way, of course.

We did our normal run while we were there. Petsmart, Joann's, Petsmart. LaVaughn and I got there about 15 minutes before Taylor and Payton, so we started out at Petsmart, but made our way to Joann's before they got there. They arrived around the same time we acquired about 3 different yards of fabric.

I handed the boys over as soon as Taylor walked up to us. For some reason, they boys were being horrible crab apples today and crab at the very hint of any type of sound. I'm not sure about other Joann stored, but the one in Festus is big, quite, and it echoes. So, of course, every noise they made echoed through the entire store.

We quickly wrapped up our fleece shopping, leaving with 5 half yards of fleece (all for new bonding pouches, I might add). All the fleece was half off, so that saved us at least $15, but that, along side our 20% off coupon made everything $13.79! Win, win, win!!

After we got our fleece, I took it to the car, then proceeded to follow everyone back into Petsmart. We walked around in there for close to 30 minutes before we decided to call it a day. Of course, there was lots of glider loves, pictures, and not to mention, my third boob.

We usually walk around for an hour or two, but we kind of had to rush things due to how horribly it was snowing. It starting spitting little bits of snow when we were about 5 miles outside of Festus, but it was near blizzard conditions when we left.

We made it maybe 5-10 miles down the road before we came to a stop. I'm still not sure why, but traffic was backed up at least a mile -- no telling how much it was backed up behind us. As we sat there, helpless and immobile, the snow continued to collect on the ground. After about 10 minutes, you couldn't even see the road markings anymore.

I think we sat there for 15-20 minutes before the line slowly started to move. As soon as we saw a gas station, we pulled off for gas. And, of course, to give the line of traffic a chance to clear a little. After that, it was kind of smooth sailing (minus the slick spots). The further south we got, the better the weather conditions were. By the time we got to Farmington, there was absolutely nothing on the road.

We stopped and ate, stopped at my place of work in Ironton for a frappe, then hit up the store before returning home. It was a long, cold, and semi-frightening day, but we're home in one piece, so it's all good.

Okay, time to focus on the present!

You remember my last blog, about the Bella Glass turtle that we won? Well it arrived today! I can't believe ti got here so fast, but the maker is only in Tennessee, which isn't far. The turtle is beautiful! Not as big as what I imagined, which I love! If you want, it can actually be worn as a decent size necklace. Now I so desperately want to order the smoke one, I can imagine how awesome that looks.

Considering my fingers are mildly chaffed now due to all the typing, I believe I'm going to go. Until next time...

Love &; Peace

-Megan

Here are the camera photos from yesterday:














Now for the iPhone photos:


Cats of Petsmart:






Our waiting number at Joann's.


The chubbiest, cutest glider in the world.





Kilani in my bra.




Odin and Lilah.


Taylor with her boys:











See the roadblock!?




Stairs to nowhere.


A few pictures of Margie (now Lily) from a couple nights ago:







Sleeping sugar glider joey.



And lastly, our Bella Glass turtle:







Gorgeous Bella Glass turtle!



No comments: