Mission impossible...

LaVaughn and I were on a mission yesterday. Ever since I got my income tax check a couple days ago, I've been jonesing for a new laptop. I know, there are so many other things that money could be put towards, like the renovation of the garage, but you know what, I want a laptop! This one is getting older and starting to lag a bit. Hell, I've had it for going on 3 years now already. Not that, that justifies buying a new computer, but you know how it is.

We went to Poplar Bluff Wed. and looked at a couple really, really nice Toshiba laptops with a 2.39 GHz processor speed. Unfortunately, the processor itself wasn't the best and it didn't have a dedicated graphics card, which sucks. Not to mention, they both had a price tag of $400. Not exactly what we were wanting to pay, but we were willing to. After doting around a worried face for a couple minutes, we decided to pass and went home.

We looked online all night Wed. night -- aside from looking at knives -- and saw that Fredericktown had the same model Toshiba that we were looking at in PB. So... we decided to go yesterday. We had to go there yesterday anyways to meet a girl that bought our two tablets from us. Yes, we sold our tablets!! :D It was kind of weird, because the same girl that adopted Bart's brother, Milo (formerly CJ), was the chick that bought the tablets.

Anyways, after we met her, we looked at the computers for almost an hour, no joke. We would get the model number, look all their specs up online, then look some more. Not once did those cock sucking Walmart 'employees' offer us help, not once! They had to have known we were looking for someone specific, why else would we be standing over there, struggling to move the laptop boxes around behind the wired door? Annoying people, ugh.

They did end up having one of the Laptops that we were looking for, but of course, there was literally only one! We found another one that we liked and were 98% sure we were going to get it. Not to mention, they were $20 cheaper than the Toshiba's. I know it's not much, but it's the little things. Even though it had a 2.1 GHz processor, which was a tad lower than we wanted, we decided to go with it anyways. It had a really, really nice graphics card and semi-fast processor speed.

As LaVaughn was getting ready to tell the lazy employees which ones we wanted, I saw a couple reviews online that didn't quite settle well with me. I quickly stopped her and started reading the reviews to her. You wanna know what was wrong with them? They didn't have a CD drive!! Who in the hell makes a laptop, or any computer for that matter, without a CD drive? It's not a tablet, it's a LAPTOP! Ugh, blew our day completely out of the water.

We contemplated going back to Poplar Bluff and getting the two Toshiba's, even going as far as driving in the direction of Poplar Bluff, but decided against it. We did some grocery shopping after that, then went home.

So for the past two days, we've been running around in circles for no good reason. And I've completely bored you to death with talks of computers. I'm sure everyone would prefer me talk about the gliders, or anything else.

Would knives be a good bargaining chip? Cause I can do knives. I actually just checked the tracking on two of the knives that we ordered a couple nights ago and they're in Hazelwood! We've had enough shipped to us to know that when something's in Hazelwood, it'll be here the next day. And, of course, I'll be at work.

Our big knives haven't shipped yet, which is frustrating because we ordered them days ago!

Before I go, I'll give a bit of an updated on the gliders, who are all doing lovely. Since LaVaughn and I have been giving them treats EVERY morning before we go to bed, they're starting to 'fluff' up some. And by fluff I mean chub. They're all also very accustomed to getting said treats in the morning, so they're all waiting for us when we go in there. It's cute.

We're also on the brink of a massive joey boom! Violet and Charli's joeys will come OOP within days of each other, then a few weeks later, Kira's joeys will be OOP. We've never had so many joeys so close to each other before. It's kind of a little scary, cause now we have to worry about being able to find everyone good homes!

I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Thanks to my lovely, lovely aunt, we were able to torture Zoe with two new hats:


My absolute favorite. Little army cat. :)

Pictures from yesterday on the drive to Fredericktown:







Making HPW:


A few pictures of the little, big girl, Margie:








And lastly, Mr. Seamus:

No comments: